[GNC-dev] Register window - Reconciliation Flag

[GNC-dev] Register window - Reconciliation Flag

David Cousens
Hi

I have noticed in V 3.4 ( Linux Mint/Ubuntu 18.04) that there is no header
for the reconciliation status column in the register display. I am assuming
the Account column is not named specifically as a Transfer Account or
similar because that naming would then  become incorrect/confusing when
multi-split mode is enabled.

I am rewriting a section of the documentation on reconciliation to try and
consolidate some repetitive bits in the guide and in the existing
documentation this is referred to as the *R* field. Is this an oversight/bug
or is it deliberate? If the former, I will retain reference to the *R*
column in the rewrite or otherwise find another way (screenshot with arrow)
identify the reconciliation status column.

Sent from: http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/GnuCash-Dev-f1435356.html

Re: [GNC-dev] Register window - Reconciliation Flag

Geert Janssens-4
Op donderdag 31 januari 2019 07:06:52 CET schreef David Cousens:

> Hi
>
> I have noticed in V 3.4 ( Linux Mint/Ubuntu 18.04) that there is no header
> for the reconciliation status column in the register display. I am assuming
> the Account column is not named specifically as a Transfer Account or
> similar because that naming would then  become incorrect/confusing when
> multi-split mode is enabled.
>
> I am rewriting a section of the documentation on reconciliation to try and
> consolidate some repetitive bits in the guide and in the existing
> documentation this is referred to as the *R* field. Is this an oversight/bug
> or is it deliberate? If the former, I will retain reference to the *R*
> column in the rewrite or otherwise find another way (screenshot with arrow)
> identify the reconciliation status column.
>
> David Cousens

The *R* is there in single line mode. In transaction journal mode it will only
be there if the currently selected line is a split. It will be gone if the
currently selected line is the transaction line.

At least that's what I see on Fedora 29 with the most recent maint build...

Re: [GNC-dev] Register window - Reconciliation Flag

David Cousens
Thanks Geert,

I get the same behavior in ubuntu/Linux Mint. I was originally in the
Auto-split ledger mode and the Transfer and R came back whan i changed to
Single Line Mode. I'll note that whn i write up the section.

Sent from: http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/GnuCash-Dev-f1435356.html

Re: [GNC-dev] Register window - Reconciliation Flag

Same behavior on MacOS.