[GNC-dev] Fwd: gnucash maint: [new-aging] new receivable/payable aging reports

[GNC-dev] Fwd: gnucash maint: [new-aging] new receivable/payable aging reports

Christopher Lam
The refactored payable/receivable aging reports have been merged into maint.

Of note:
1. all AP/AR accounts will be shown, each in their own currency. Every
AP/AR account will get its own subtotal.
2. no more 'bad-url' errors which were caused by prepayments which were not
assigned to any invoices. These prepayments are now shown attached to the
customer/vendor, in its own 'Prepayments' column, and added to total.
3. owner address display is disabled. I am not sure of the utility anymore;
we can add again if there is demand.
4. fewer options altogether.

The intention is to replace the old reports, and I am unable to
exhaustively test everything, the new reports will be in experimental
submenu, eventually to replace the old ones.

Re: [GNC-dev] Fwd: gnucash maint: [new-aging] new receivable/payable aging reports

Derek Atkins-3
Hi,

Christopher Lam <[hidden email]> writes:

> 3. owner address display is disabled. I am not sure of the utility anymore;
> we can add again if there is demand.

I pointed this out in IRC, but just for email posterity --- this feature
was the only place where one could get a list of all customers (or
vendors) with their addresses.  Sure, it would only provide the list of
those customers that have had invoices, but unless there is another
report that can provide that feature, it should not be removed from here.

Note that I don't object to creating another "Customer List" report that
just provides that information.  It's just that this functionality
should not be lost without it being replaced.

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745

Re: [GNC-dev] gnucash maint: [new-aging] new receivable/payable aging reports

Adrien Monteleone-2
The Customers/Vendors Overview does show that info, but one cannot export it, save it, or even select the text to copy/paste. A fix there I would think would be the better option, because as far as I can tell, it does show all customers/vendors. But until it is fixed, I agree, it shouldn’t be removed from the aging/owner reports.

> On Oct 28, 2019 w44d301, at 10:30 AM, Derek Atkins <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Christopher Lam <[hidden email]> writes:
>
>> 3. owner address display is disabled. I am not sure of the utility anymore;
>> we can add again if there is demand.
>
> I pointed this out in IRC, but just for email posterity --- this feature
> was the only place where one could get a list of all customers (or
> vendors) with their addresses.  Sure, it would only provide the list of
> those customers that have had invoices, but unless there is another
> report that can provide that feature, it should not be removed from here.
>
> Note that I don't object to creating another "Customer List" report that
> just provides that information.  It's just that this functionality
> should not be lost without it being replaced.
>
> Thanks,

Re: [GNC-dev] gnucash maint: [new-aging] new receivable/payable aging reports

Christopher Lam
That's fine. Patches will be applied in due course.
The updated reports are really wanting testing that functionality is intact
cf old ones.
Complex business transfers especially involving multiple currencies may be
reported differently.