[GNC-dev] Fwd: Re: Help packaging GnuCash 3.x for Ubuntu Bionic

[GNC-dev] Fwd: Re: Help packaging GnuCash 3.x for Ubuntu Bionic

Andre Joost
Am 18.10.19 um 19:49 schrieb Stephen M. Butler:

> On 10/18/19 9:17 AM, Tommy Trussell wrote:
>>

>> On Fri, Oct 18, 2019 at 11:10 AM Stephen M. Butler <[hidden email]
>> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>
>>      On 10/17/19 2:44 PM, Tommy Trussell wrote:
>>      > My NEXT step (to "sweeten" the backport request) is to upload the
>>      > patched file to a PPA but (in my usual very slow style) I am still
>>      > puzzling out how to sign the packages. I have a published key I
>>      > created years ago but apparently I'm missing some (literal) key
>>      > concepts. :-P
>>      Is your PPA on Launchpad?  If so, did you upload your public key
>>      to your
>>      account on that site?
>>

>> Yes I uploaded the key back in 2016, but I'm having trouble getting my
>> head around how to use the old key to sign a package.
>>
>> I may end up creating a new key because I can't figure out how to get
>> the old key into the right place.
>>
> Oh.  I haven't done that yet.  Did vote for the backport so it now has
> two votes.

BTW there are already PPAs with Gnucash 3.7 available:
https://launchpad.net/~sicklylife/+archive/ubuntu/gnucash
https://launchpad.net/~ingo/+archive/ubuntu/gnucash/

Greetings,
Andre Joost

Re: [GNC-dev] Fwd: Re: Help packaging GnuCash 3.x for Ubuntu Bionic

Tommy Trussell
On Fri, Oct 18, 2019 at 11:33 PM Andre Joost <[hidden email]> wrote:

> BTW there are already PPAs with Gnucash 3.7 available:
> https://launchpad.net/~sicklylife/+archive/ubuntu/gnucash
> https://launchpad.net/~ingo/+archive/ubuntu/gnucash/

Thank you greatly. I will point to those and another in the bug report;
hopefully that will garner a sponsor.