[GNC-dev] End of 'X' date on 3.4-50 (maint)

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[GNC-dev] End of 'X' date on 3.4-50 (maint)

Stephen M. Butler
I compiled origin/maint (gnucash 3.4-50) and noticed that the end of
accounting period was at 12/31/2020 while the start of accounting period
is at 1/1/2019.

Checked:

* Today:  1/29/2019

* end of this month -- 1/31/2019

* End of current quarter:  3/31/2019

* End of this year:  12/31/2020  <<

* End of Previous month:  12/31/2019  <<

* End of Previous quarter:  12/31/2019 <<

* End of Previous year:  12/31/2019 <<

* End of Accounting Period: 12/31/2020 <<


I also checked all the Start dates and they appeared to be correct.


--
Stephen M Butler, PMP, PSM
[hidden email]
[hidden email]
253-350-0166
-------------------------------------------
GnuPG Fingerprint:  8A25 9726 D439 758D D846 E5D4 282A 5477 0385 81D8


_______________________________________________
gnucash-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [GNC-dev] End of 'X' date on 3.4-50 (maint)

GnuCash - Dev mailing list
On 30/01/2019 01:54, Stephen M. Butler wrote:
> I compiled origin/maint (gnucash 3.4-50) and noticed that the end of
> accounting period was at 12/31/2020 while the start of accounting period
> is at 1/1/2019.
>
> Checked:
>
> * Today:  1/29/2019

what the fuck do you expect if you are using american dates

this is not news.

_______________________________________________
gnucash-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [GNC-dev] End of 'X' date on 3.4-50 (maint)

Herbert Thoma-2
Am 02.02.19 um 00:27 schrieb Wm via gnucash-devel:

> On 30/01/2019 01:54, Stephen M. Butler wrote:
>> I compiled origin/maint (gnucash 3.4-50) and noticed that the end of
>> accounting period was at 12/31/2020 while the start of accounting period
>> is at 1/1/2019.
>>
>> Checked:
>>
>> * Today:  1/29/2019
>
> what the fuck do you expect if you are using american dates

Hmm, I would think that the problem is not the backwards US date
format. I would rather think that if the start of accounting
period is 1/1/2019, then the end should be 12/31/20*19* instead
of 12/31/20*20*.

> this is not news.

This seems to me like a bug.

> _______________________________________________
> gnucash-devel mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-devel

_______________________________________________
gnucash-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [GNC-dev] End of 'X' date on 3.4-50 (maint)

Bob Gustafson
Whenever I can, I use/convertTo the format 2019-02-02 (unfortunate that
today is the 2nd of February. Things are less ambiguous near the end of
months). This format is more native to SQL databases and also will sort
reasonably when used in flat file names.

I think the US Govt issues passports with expiration dates in the last
half of the month - just to cut down the confusion. (This may have
changed though..)

Decades ago I searched for 24hr watches - smart phones have eliminated
that need.

Have fun - Bob G

On 2/2/19 6:19 AM, Herbert Thoma wrote:

> Am 02.02.19 um 00:27 schrieb Wm via gnucash-devel:
>> On 30/01/2019 01:54, Stephen M. Butler wrote:
>>> I compiled origin/maint (gnucash 3.4-50) and noticed that the end of
>>> accounting period was at 12/31/2020 while the start of accounting
>>> period
>>> is at 1/1/2019.
>>>
>>> Checked:
>>>
>>> * Today:  1/29/2019
>>
>> what the fuck do you expect if you are using american dates
>
> Hmm, I would think that the problem is not the backwards US date
> format. I would rather think that if the start of accounting
> period is 1/1/2019, then the end should be 12/31/20*19* instead
> of 12/31/20*20*.
>
>> this is not news.
>
> This seems to me like a bug.
>
>> _______________________________________________
>> gnucash-devel mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-devel
>
> _______________________________________________
> gnucash-devel mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-devel
_______________________________________________
gnucash-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [GNC-dev] End of 'X' date on 3.4-50 (maint)

John Ralls-2
In reply to this post by Herbert Thoma-2


> On Feb 2, 2019, at 4:19 AM, Herbert Thoma <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>
> Hmm, I would think that the problem is not the backwards US date
> format. I would rather think that if the start of accounting
> period is 1/1/2019, then the end should be 12/31/20*19* instead
> of 12/31/20*20*.
>
> This seems to me like a bug.

Yes, it's https://bugs.gnucash.org/show_bug.cgi?id=797073.

Regards,
John Ralls

_______________________________________________
gnucash-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [GNC-dev] End of 'X' date on 3.4-50 (maint)

David Carlson-4
Why didn't Wm Trump Jr. know that?

On Sat, Feb 2, 2019 at 11:14 AM John Ralls <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
>
> > On Feb 2, 2019, at 4:19 AM, Herbert Thoma <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >
> > Hmm, I would think that the problem is not the backwards US date
> > format. I would rather think that if the start of accounting
> > period is 1/1/2019, then the end should be 12/31/20*19* instead
> > of 12/31/20*20*.
> >
> > This seems to me like a bug.
>
> Yes, it's https://bugs.gnucash.org/show_bug.cgi?id=797073.
>
> Regards,
> John Ralls
>
> _______________________________________________
> gnucash-devel mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-devel
>
_______________________________________________
gnucash-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-devel