[GNC-dev] Drop link to 2.6 release tour, , The page itself still exists as older news items refer to it.

[GNC-dev] Drop link to 2.6 release tour, , The page itself still exists as older news items refer to it.

Frank H. Ellenberger-3
Hi all

That makes it slightly harder to check translations.

For normal visitors are now only the 2.0 screenshots shown  under
Features. OK, I know the nonexistant GTK3 screenshots would look
different - much more ugly IMHO. ;-)

So the question arises: Would somebody volunteer, to create a new
Features pages, taking the best from
http://www.gnucash.org/features.phtml and
http://www.gnucash.org/2.6-release-tour
and create an updated Gnucash 3.x feature page with fresh screenshots?

Required knowledge: HTML, PHP

Should we forward an improved version of this message to gnucash-user?

Regards
Frank

Re: [GNC-dev] Drop link to 2.6 release tour, , The page itself still exists as older news items refer to it.

John Ralls-2

> On Oct 5, 2018, at 3:51 PM, Frank H. Ellenberger <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all
>
> That makes it slightly harder to check translations.
>
> For normal visitors are now only the 2.0 screenshots shown  under
> Features. OK, I know the nonexistant GTK3 screenshots would look
> different - much more ugly IMHO. ;-)
>
> So the question arises: Would somebody volunteer, to create a new
> Features pages, taking the best from
> http://www.gnucash.org/features.phtml and
> http://www.gnucash.org/2.6-release-tour
> and create an updated Gnucash 3.x feature page with fresh screenshots?
>
> Required knowledge: HTML, PHP
>
> Should we forward an improved version of this message to gnucash-user?

I made some gtk3 screenshots for the docs for 3.0. They’re in https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash-docs/tree/maint/guide/C/figures <https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash-docs/tree/maint/guide/C/figures> and https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash-docs/tree/maint/help/C/figures <https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash-docs/tree/maint/help/C/figures>. Doesn’t cover everything but they might be helpful.

Re: [GNC-dev] Drop link to 2.6 release tour, , The page itself still exists as older news items refer to it.

GnuCash - Dev mailing list
On 06/10/2018 01:07, John Ralls wrote:

>> On Oct 5, 2018, at 3:51 PM, Frank H. Ellenberger <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all
>>
>> That makes it slightly harder to check translations.
>>
>> For normal visitors are now only the 2.0 screenshots shown  under
>> Features. OK, I know the nonexistant GTK3 screenshots would look
>> different - much more ugly IMHO. ;-)
>>
>> So the question arises: Would somebody volunteer, to create a new
>> Features pages, taking the best from
>> http://www.gnucash.org/features.phtml and
>> http://www.gnucash.org/2.6-release-tour
>> and create an updated Gnucash 3.x feature page with fresh screenshots?
>>
>> Required knowledge: HTML, PHP
>>
>> Should we forward an improved version of this message to gnucash-user?
>
> I made some gtk3 screenshots for the docs for 3.0. They’re in https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash-docs/tree/maint/guide/C/figures <https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash-docs/tree/maint/guide/C/figures> and https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash-docs/tree/maint/help/C/figures <https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash-docs/tree/maint/help/C/figures>. Doesn’t cover everything but they might be helpful.

They'll be random for many people until the keys get normalised (have a
z in normal if you voted for the fuckwit in charge of the USA).

--
Wm