[GNC-dev] Debian package

Stephen M. Butler
Please try these before I take the next step of figuring out how to
populate a ppa up on Launchpad.

GnuCash-3.4
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1fV_fURy6c77e7gf6S41lTacM7dFyy7VD

GnuCash-3.4-39 (current maint)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1SO2xkPICKEpSQCvJLW6CnBVrzgvTEyHQ

Thanks to all who stepped forward with suggestions.

And to preempt others -- Yes, I do have a kite.  And I use a dry suite
when jumping into lakes!  <<hahaha -- must be time to go to sleep!>>

--Steve

--
Stephen M Butler, PMP, PSM
253-350-0166

Re: [GNC-dev] Debian package

Colin Law
Sorry for delay, been otherwise engaged.
On a live Ubuntu 18.10 session running off the install image I started
by attempting to install gnucash_3.4_amd64.deb

ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ sudo dpkg -i Downloads/gnucash_3.4_amd64.deb
Selecting previously unselected package gnucash.
(Reading database ... 149974 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../gnucash_3.4_amd64.deb ...
Unpacking gnucash (1:3.4) ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of gnucash:
 gnucash depends on gnucash-common (= 1:3.4); however:
  Package gnucash-common is not installed.
 gnucash depends on libaqbanking35-plugins; however:
  Package libaqbanking35-plugins is not installed.
 gnucash depends on guile-2.2 | guile-2.0; however:
  Package guile-2.2 is not installed.
  Package guile-2.0 is not installed.
 gnucash depends on libfinance-quote-perl; however:
  Package libfinance-quote-perl is not installed.
 gnucash depends on libhtml-tableextract-perl; however:
  Package libhtml-tableextract-perl is not installed.
 gnucash depends on libcrypt-ssleay-perl; however:
  Package libcrypt-ssleay-perl is not installed.
 gnucash depends on libdate-manip-perl; however:
  Package libdate-manip-perl is not installed.

dpkg: error processing package gnucash (--install):
 gnucash

I then tried gnucash_3.4_amd64.deb

ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ sudo dpkg -i Downloads/gnucash-common_3.4_all.deb
Selecting previously unselected package gnucash-common.
(Reading database ... 149977 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../gnucash-common_3.4_all.deb ...
Unpacking gnucash-common (1:3.4) ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of gnucash-common:
 gnucash-common depends on libjs-jquery; however:
  Package libjs-jquery is not installed.

dpkg: error processing package gnucash-common (--install):
 gnucash-common

On Mon, 21 Jan 2019 at 07:10, Stephen M. Butler <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Please try these before I take the next step of figuring out how to
> populate a ppa up on Launchpad.
>
> GnuCash-3.4
> https://drive.google.com/open?id=1fV_fURy6c77e7gf6S41lTacM7dFyy7VD
>

> GnuCash-3.4-39 (current maint)
> https://drive.google.com/open?id=1SO2xkPICKEpSQCvJLW6CnBVrzgvTEyHQ
>

> Thanks to all who stepped forward with suggestions.
>
> And to preempt others -- Yes, I do have a kite.  And I use a dry suite
> when jumping into lakes!  <<hahaha -- must be time to go to sleep!>>
>
> --Steve
>
> --
> Stephen M Butler, PMP, PSM
> 253-350-0166

Re: [GNC-dev] Debian package

Stephen M. Butler
On 1/22/19 2:29 AM, Colin Law wrote:

> Sorry for delay, been otherwise engaged.
> On a live Ubuntu 18.10 session running off the install image I started
> by attempting to install gnucash_3.4_amd64.deb
>
> ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ sudo dpkg -i Downloads/gnucash_3.4_amd64.deb
> Selecting previously unselected package gnucash.
> (Reading database ... 149974 files and directories currently installed.)
> Preparing to unpack .../gnucash_3.4_amd64.deb ...
> Unpacking gnucash (1:3.4) ...
> dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of gnucash:
>  gnucash depends on gnucash-common (= 1:3.4); however:
>   Package gnucash-common is not installed.
>  gnucash depends on libaqbanking35-plugins; however:
>   Package libaqbanking35-plugins is not installed.
>  gnucash depends on guile-2.2 | guile-2.0; however:
>   Package guile-2.2 is not installed.
>   Package guile-2.0 is not installed.
>  gnucash depends on libfinance-quote-perl; however:
>   Package libfinance-quote-perl is not installed.
>  gnucash depends on libhtml-tableextract-perl; however:
>   Package libhtml-tableextract-perl is not installed.
>  gnucash depends on libcrypt-ssleay-perl; however:
>   Package libcrypt-ssleay-perl is not installed.
>  gnucash depends on libdate-manip-perl; however:
>   Package libdate-manip-perl is not installed.
>
> dpkg: error processing package gnucash (--install):
>  dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
>  gnucash
>
> I then tried gnucash_3.4_amd64.deb
>
> ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ sudo dpkg -i Downloads/gnucash-common_3.4_all.deb
> Selecting previously unselected package gnucash-common.
> (Reading database ... 149977 files and directories currently installed.)
> Preparing to unpack .../gnucash-common_3.4_all.deb ...
> Unpacking gnucash-common (1:3.4) ...
> dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of gnucash-common:
>  gnucash-common depends on libjs-jquery; however:
>   Package libjs-jquery is not installed.
>
> dpkg: error processing package gnucash-common (--install):
>  dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
>  gnucash-common

Thanks Colin.  No worries -- I've busy on other things also.

Looks like the dependency list from the mainline is missing a few
entries.  I'll check that out.

Also, here are the files for the debian folder used in the build.  Any
suggestions or corrections would be appreciated.  Wondering if there is
a way to package this all together instead of having three .deb files?

--Steve

--
Stephen M Butler, PMP, PSM
253-350-0166

Re: [GNC-dev] Debian package

Colin Law
On Tue, 22 Jan 2019 at 15:34, Stephen M. Butler <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Looks like the dependency list from the mainline is missing a few
> entries.  I'll check that out.
>
> Also, here are the files for the debian folder used in the build.  Any
> suggestions or corrections would be appreciated.  Wondering if there is
> a way to package this all together instead of having three .deb files?

Sorry, I don't really know much about deb files.

Colin

Colin

> --Steve
>

> --
> Stephen M Butler, PMP, PSM
> 253-350-0166

Re: [GNC-dev] [GNC] Debian package

GnuCash - Dev mailing list
Guys--
I'd recommend one list or the other-- not both.  Getting two copies of every one of your comments is too much.
I've stripped gnucash-users from my reply because I think it better fits as a devel thread.
David t.