[GNC-dev] BackupGnuCash updated for GnuCash V3

[GNC-dev] BackupGnuCash updated for GnuCash V3

ChrisGood
Hi,

I've updated my BackupGnuCash app to handle GnuCash V3 configuration files
as well as V2.

It can also backup the GnuCash Windows registry or the Linux dconf settings.

The new BackupGnuCash version is 1.3.1.

Please see:

Linux:

https://github.com/goodvibes2/BackupGnuCashLinux/tree/master/src/backupgnuca
sh

Windows:

https://github.com/goodvibes2/BackupGnuCashWin/tree/master/src/backupgnucash

Regards,

Chris Good

Re: [GNC-dev] BackupGnuCash updated for GnuCash V3

GnuCash - Dev mailing list
On 27/02/2019 00:40, Chris Good wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I've updated my BackupGnuCash app to handle GnuCash V3 configuration files
> as well as V2.
>
> It can also backup the GnuCash Windows registry or the Linux dconf settings.
>

> The new BackupGnuCash version is 1.3.1.
>

> Please see:
>

> Linux:
>
> https://github.com/goodvibes2/BackupGnuCashLinux/tree/master/src/backupgnuca
> sh
>
> Windows:
>
> https://github.com/goodvibes2/BackupGnuCashWin/tree/master/src/backupgnucash
>

> Regards,
>
> Chris Good

I love your confidence when you say
===
This includes among others

a.The saved reports file, for example
   GNU/Linux       /home/[USERNAME]/.local/share/gnucash/saved-reports-2.n
   Windows   C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\GnuCash\saved-reports-2.n

Note GnuCash 3 will use saved-reports-2.8 if it exists, otherwise
saved-reports-2.4 but always writes to saved-reports-2.8.
===

If you are really confident about where gnc puts everything write the
Good (<- yeah that was on purpose) script.

I think you'll find you can't