[GNC-dev] Account Balance does not match transaction history

[GNC-dev] Account Balance does not match transaction history

deltatango
I just noticed my Income::Sales account doesn't match the transactions.

The balance says: $9,001.31 in the Chart of Accounts but when you open
the account, the total shows $4,356.31.

I tried the "Check and Repair all" option by right clicking it and
selecting that, but it still shows this amount. Is there a reason this
would happen? Do I have a corrupt file?

Thanks,
David T.

Re: [GNC-dev] Account Balance does not match transaction history

John Ralls-2

> On Apr 2, 2019, at 3:52 PM, David Tinoco <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I just noticed my Income::Sales account doesn't match the transactions.
>
> The balance says: $9,001.31 in the Chart of Accounts but when you open
> the account, the total shows $4,356.31.
>
> I tried the "Check and Repair all" option by right clicking it and
> selecting that, but it still shows this amount. Is there a reason this
> would happen? Do I have a corrupt file?

This is a user-list question. Next time please ask in gnucash-user, not here.

A corrupt file seems unlikely. Both totals should be just adding up the same list of splits.

Does the Income:Sales account have sub accounts? Are all of your accounts in the same currency?