[GNC-dev] 3.4 metadata location

chris graves
I normally use gnucash on macos, but today, was experimenting with flatpak
Build ID: git 3.4-145-gc9ddd6c82+(2019-02-23) on fedora 29.  I seem to
remember seeing recent emails that the location of the metadata was in
~/.local.  But the message upon launching gnucash displayed the following
popup:

Notice
Your gnucash metadata has been migrated.
Old location: /home/chris/.gnucash
New location: /home/chris/.var/app/org.gnucash.GnuCash/data/gnucash

No complaints, just curious...

Re: [GNC-dev] 3.4 metadata location

John Ralls

> On Mar 3, 2019, at 1:33 PM, Chris Graves <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I normally use gnucash on macos, but today, was experimenting with flatpak
> Build ID: git 3.4-145-gc9ddd6c82+(2019-02-23) on fedora 29.  I seem to
> remember seeing recent emails that the location of the metadata was in
> ~/.local.  But the message upon launching gnucash displayed the following
> popup:
>
> Notice
> Your gnucash metadata has been migrated.
> Old location: /home/chris/.gnucash
> New location: /home/chris/.var/app/org.gnucash.GnuCash/data/gnucash
>

> No complaints, just curious...

I *think* that has to do with flatpak's sandboxing, the idea being that each flatpack gets its own directory in ~/.var so that two can't compete over ~/.local, but I'm not sure. Geert's the expert on flatpaks and he's away for a bit.

Re: [GNC-dev] 3.4 metadata location

David Cousens
John,

Added a note to the wiki Configuration Locations page to indicate that it
may not be applicable to flatpak , snap and other such packages.

Sent from: http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/GnuCash-Dev-f1435356.html