[GNC] delete multiple transactions? csv import profiles?

[GNC] delete multiple transactions? csv import profiles?

Mark Van den Borre
Hello list!

Here's two questions that have come up when trying to somewhat
automate processing my bank transactions using gnucash. I had a look
for the answers online, but couldn't really find any recent ones.

* Can I delete multiple transactions at once? I messed up an import
and painstakingly removed 100 transactions by hand...
* Can I save a csv import profile including the csv column to gnucash
field mappings? Right now, it seems like I have to set these
parameters every time I import a csv exported from my bank.

Thank you for your work on gnucash! Much appreciated!

Kind regards,

Mark

Re: [GNC] delete multiple transactions? csv import profiles?

Greg Feneis
Hi Mark,

I think a recent rev of GnuCash does allow the user to save the CSV import
settings.

To cover yourself for mistakenly importing a large number of transactions,
consider practicing checkpointing for your working file. Or, at the least,
save before import, and don't save if the import goes wrong. Perhaps a nice
future feature would be some sort of undo import feature.

Kind regards, Greg Feneis
(Pixel 3)

On Mon, Jul 1, 2019, 04:01 Mark Van den Borre <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello list!
>
> Here's two questions that have come up when trying to somewhat
> automate processing my bank transactions using gnucash. I had a look
> for the answers online, but couldn't really find any recent ones.
>
> * Can I delete multiple transactions at once? I messed up an import
> and painstakingly removed 100 transactions by hand...
> * Can I save a csv import profile including the csv column to gnucash
> field mappings? Right now, it seems like I have to set these
> parameters every time I import a csv exported from my bank.
>
> Thank you for your work on gnucash! Much appreciated!
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Mark

Re: [GNC] delete multiple transactions? csv import profiles?

Stephen M. Butler
On 7/1/19 3:56 AM, Mark Van den Borre wrote:

> Hello list!
>
> Here's two questions that have come up when trying to somewhat
> automate processing my bank transactions using gnucash. I had a look
> for the answers online, but couldn't really find any recent ones.
>
> * Can I delete multiple transactions at once? I messed up an import
> and painstakingly removed 100 transactions by hand...
> * Can I save a csv import profile including the csv column to gnucash
> field mappings? Right now, it seems like I have to set these
> parameters every time I import a csv exported from my bank.

I can on v3.5.  The upper field provides an area for you to name the
"profile".  It remembers the csv field assignments, the main account
against which these are imported, how many rows to skip, the date
format, etc.

--Steve

--
Stephen M Butler, PMP, PSM
253-350-0166

Re: [GNC] delete multiple transactions? csv import profiles?

Mark Van den Borre
Hi Stephen, hi list,

Sorry to have bothered the developers with this. I am using the 3.4
package from Debian testing "Buster". I did glance through the change
logs, but I missed that change. Good to know I'll somewhat soon have
the possibility once a 3.5 package ends up in Debian.

Kind regards, and thanks again for the reply!

Mark

On 7/1/19 12:41 PM, Mark Van den Borre wrote:

> Hi Stephen, hi list,
>
> Sorry to have bothered the developers with this. I am using the 3.4
> package from Debian testing "Buster". I did glance through the change
> logs, but I missed that change. Good to know I'll somewhat soon have
> the possibility once a 3.5 package ends up in Debian.
>
> Kind regards, and thanks again for the reply!
>
> Mark
>
> Op ma 1 jul. 2019 om 21:33 schreef Stephen M. Butler <[hidden email]>:
>> On 7/1/19 3:56 AM, Mark Van den Borre wrote:
>>> Hello list!
>>>
>>> Here's two questions that have come up when trying to somewhat
>>> automate processing my bank transactions using gnucash. I had a look
>>> for the answers online, but couldn't really find any recent ones.
>>>
>>> * Can I delete multiple transactions at once? I messed up an import
>>> and painstakingly removed 100 transactions by hand...
>>> * Can I save a csv import profile including the csv column to gnucash
>>> field mappings? Right now, it seems like I have to set these
>>> parameters every time I import a csv exported from my bank.
>>
>> I can on v3.5.  The upper field provides an area for you to name the
>> "profile".  It remembers the csv field assignments, the main account
>> against which these are imported, how many rows to skip, the date
>> format, etc.
>>
>> --Steve
>>
>>> Thank you for your work on gnucash! Much appreciated!
>>>
>>> Kind regards,
>>>
>>> Mark

Feel like rolling your own.  Looks like the debian maintainer for
Gnucash hasn't gotten to 3.5 yet.

--
Stephen M Butler, PMP, PSM
253-350-0166