[GNC] debian seems be missing file in amd64 gnucash package

[GNC] debian seems be missing file in amd64 gnucash package

John Griessen-3
I tried using apt install:

sudo apt install -t sid libboost-regex1.62.0
sudo apt install -t sid gnucash gnucash-common gnucash-docs python3-gnucash

and I just get this error:

gnucash: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gnucash/gnucash/libgncmod-app-utils.so: undefined symbol:
gnc_build_userdata_path

and I find no file /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gnucash/gnucash/libgncmod-app-utils.so
and that debian package gnucash for amd64
https://packages.debian.org/jessie/amd64/gnucash/filelist
is supposed to contain this file:
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gnucash/gnucash/libgncmod-app-utils.so

so next I am trying flatpak, but wonder if
this is a clue to why I can't get gnucash running on debian yet...

Any ideas?

my /etc/apt/sources.list file has:

deb http://deb.debian.org/debian buster main non-free contrib
deb-src http://deb.debian.org/debian buster main non-free contrib

lines in it among others.

The buster repo is coming from here during update:

Hit:3 http://cdn-fastly.deb.debian.org/debian buster InRelease

Hit:7 https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/brave-apt buster InRelease

Anyone?

Re: [GNC] debian seems be missing file in amd64 gnucash package

Adrien Monteleone-2
I haven’t installed it on debian myself, but someone did report that installing the following three files from sid was successful to get 3.3:

libboost-regex1.62.0_1.62.0+dfsg-8_amd64.deb
gnucash-common_3.3-2_all.deb
gnucash_3.3-2_amd64.deb

> On Nov 13, 2018, at 1:48 PM, John Griessen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I tried using apt install:
>
> sudo apt install -t sid libboost-regex1.62.0
> sudo apt install -t sid gnucash gnucash-common gnucash-docs python3-gnucash
>
> and I just get this error:
>
> gnucash: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gnucash/gnucash/libgncmod-app-utils.so: undefined symbol: gnc_build_userdata_path
>
> and I find no file /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gnucash/gnucash/libgncmod-app-utils.so
> and that debian package gnucash for amd64
> https://packages.debian.org/jessie/amd64/gnucash/filelist
> is supposed to contain this file:
> /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gnucash/gnucash/libgncmod-app-utils.so
>
> so next I am trying flatpak, but wonder if
> this is a clue to why I can't get gnucash running on debian yet...
>
> Any ideas?
>
> my /etc/apt/sources.list file has:
>
> deb http://deb.debian.org/debian buster main non-free contrib
> deb-src http://deb.debian.org/debian buster main non-free contrib
>
> lines in it among others.
>
> The buster repo is coming from here during update:
>
> Hit:3 http://cdn-fastly.deb.debian.org/debian buster InRelease
> Hit:7 https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/brave-apt buster InRelease
>
> Anyone?

Re: [GNC] debian seems be missing file in amd64 gnucash package

> On Nov 14, 2018, at 4:48 AM, John Griessen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I tried using apt install:
>
> sudo apt install -t sid libboost-regex1.62.0
> sudo apt install -t sid gnucash gnucash-common gnucash-docs python3-gnucash
>
> and I just get this error:
>
> gnucash: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gnucash/gnucash/libgncmod-app-utils.so: undefined symbol: gnc_build_userdata_path
>
> and I find no file /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gnucash/gnucash/libgncmod-app-utils.so
> and that debian package gnucash for amd64
> https://packages.debian.org/jessie/amd64/gnucash/filelist
> is supposed to contain this file:
> /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gnucash/gnucash/libgncmod-app-utils.so
>
> so next I am trying flatpak, but wonder if
> this is a clue to why I can't get gnucash running on debian yet...
>
> Any ideas?
>
> my /etc/apt/sources.list file has:
>
> deb http://deb.debian.org/debian buster main non-free contrib
> deb-src http://deb.debian.org/debian buster main non-free contrib
>
> lines in it among others.
>
> The buster repo is coming from here during update:
>
> Hit:3 http://cdn-fastly.deb.debian.org/debian buster InRelease
> Hit:7 https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/brave-apt buster InRelease
>
> Anyone?

The error you’re getting isn’t that libgncmod-app-utils.so is missing, it’s that gnc_build_userdata_path() isn’t available. That’s defined in libgncmod-core-utils.so,

Did you clear out all vestiges of the Jessie-provided GnuCash before trying to install the Sid one?

Buster is the testing branch and gnucash isn’t in it. GnuCash 2.6 is in Jessie (stable) and 3.2 is in Sid (unstable). apt-get should pull in all of the required dependencies, including boost-regex (and BTW you also need boost-date_time, boost-filesystem, and boost-locale) so your first line shouldn’t be necessary. If it’s not pulling in boost-filesystem that could be the reason that libgncmod-core-uils.so isn’t loading.

Re: [GNC] debian seems be missing file in amd64 gnucash package

boldstripe
I am running Gnucash 3.3 on Debian Buster (testing). My 'notes to self':

*Installing recent version on Debian:*
According to ...
https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Debian

... try to find latest amd64 'deb' version in Debian Archive at this URL:
http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/g/gnucash/

Use GDebi package manager on downloaded files to install in this order
(otherwise see errors because of unsatisfied dependencies):
- gnucash-common
- gnucash
- python-gnucash

Note: choose amd64 versions where available, may have to actually uninstall
older gnucash-common and gnucash apps before newer ones can run in GDebi
without errors about missing/conflicting dependencies; python-gnucash does
not seem to be a problem to install the new version over old one.

Re: [GNC] gnucash says gnc_build_userdata_path() isn’t available.

John Griessen-3
On 11/13/18 6:23 PM, John Ralls wrote:
> Did you clear out all vestiges of the Jessie-provided GnuCash

I did search and destroy, but seems I missed something...  Any suggestions
for using similar to:

find  /usr -name '*gnucash*'
find /lib -name '*gncmod*'
find /lib -name  '*gnucash*'
find  /usr -name '*gncmod*'

would be helpful.

gnc_build_userdata_path() isn’t available.  That’s defined in libgncmod-core-utils.so

Does configuration in
/home/john/.gnucash
affect 3.2 or 3.3 install?  I think not since installing 3.2 via flatpak creates
/home/john/.var/app/org.gnucash.GnuCash

I'm using 3.2 via flatpak successfully, (seems slower).
I'll try moving /home/john/.gnucash to a backup location, then install .debs and see.

"install in this order
(otherwise see errors because of unsatisfied dependencies):
- gnucash-common
- gnucash
- python-gnucash"

Thanks for the hints.