[GNC] Where to find invoice actions in 3.2?

[GNC] Where to find invoice actions in 3.2?

Rich Shepard
   This morning I upgraded from 2.6.21 to 3.2 (on Slackware-14.2) and a
couple of previously-balanced accounts lost their balance.

   The one I'm trying to fix is a vendor invoice entered, posted, and paid on
23 June. The payment check is a transaction in the checking account, but
it's not appearing in the A/P register so that shows an outstanding balance
for that invoice.

   In the 2.x versions there was a little down arrow on the bar above the
accounts tabs where I could post, unpost, and pay outstanding invoices. This
seems to have disappeared and I've not found to where those functions have
been moved. I want to unpost that invoice, the repost it and, if necessary,
re-pay it with the same transaction date, check number, and amount as is
entered in the checking account register.

   Where are these A/P and A/R invoice functions to be found in 3.2?

Rich

Re: [GNC] Where to find invoice actions in 3.2?

Geert Janssens-4
Op zondag 8 juli 2018 19:41:53 CEST schreef Rich Shepard:

>    This morning I upgraded from 2.6.21 to 3.2 (on Slackware-14.2) and a
> couple of previously-balanced accounts lost their balance.
>
>    The one I'm trying to fix is a vendor invoice entered, posted, and paid
> on 23 June. The payment check is a transaction in the checking account, but
> it's not appearing in the A/P register so that shows an outstanding balance
> for that invoice.
>
>    In the 2.x versions there was a little down arrow on the bar above the
> accounts tabs where I could post, unpost, and pay outstanding invoices. This
> seems to have disappeared and I've not found to where those functions have
> been moved. I want to unpost that invoice, the repost it and, if necessary,
> re-pay it with the same transaction date, check number, and amount as is
> entered in the checking account register.
>
>    Where are these A/P and A/R invoice functions to be found in 3.2?
>
> Rich

All these functions can also be found in the menus.
Post/Unpost invoice is in the Edit menu
Process Payment is under Business->Customer or Business->Vendor.

It's odd you don't have the little down-arrow on the toolbar. It's still there
on my Fedora 27 system. Perhaps Slackware is using a different default gtk3
theme ?

On Sun, 8 Jul 2018, Geert Janssens wrote:

> All these functions can also be found in the menus.
> Post/Unpost invoice is in the Edit menu
> Process Payment is under Business->Customer or Business->Vendor.

Geert,

   Thanks for the pointer.

> It's odd you don't have the little down-arrow on the toolbar. It's still
> there on my Fedora 27 system. Perhaps Slackware is using a different
> default gtk3 theme?

   I've no idea. Is the theme set within gnucash or gtk3? I thought there
used to be a gtk-config somewhere, but now all the gtk3 supplements I find
are gtk3-demo, gtk3-demo-application, gtk3-icon-browser, and
gtk3-widget-factory.

Regards,

Op zondag 8 juli 2018 23:46:02 CEST schreef Rich Shepard:
> > It's odd you don't have the little down-arrow on the toolbar. It's still
> > there on my Fedora 27 system. Perhaps Slackware is using a different
> > default gtk3 theme?
>
>    I've no idea. Is the theme set within gnucash or gtk3? I thought there
> used to be a gtk-config somewhere, but now all the gtk3 supplements I find
> are gtk3-demo, gtk3-demo-application, gtk3-icon-browser, and
> gtk3-widget-factory.

I don't know which desktop environment Slackware uses (or you use). For Gnome
3 there is a small app called "gnome-tweak-tool" which will allow you to
adjust many of Gtk3's parameters. See if your distro ships it.

On Mon, 9 Jul 2018, Geert Janssens wrote:

> I don't know which desktop environment Slackware uses (or you use). For Gnome
> 3 there is a small app called "gnome-tweak-tool" which will allow you to
> adjust many of Gtk3's parameters. See if your distro ships it.

Geert,

   Slackware ships with at least two D.E.s: KDE and Xfce4. I've used Xfce
since version 1 so I stick with that. I'll see what's available for tweaking
gtk3 parameters.

Thanks,

Rich