[GNC] What "Transfer" acct when paying vendor out of Checking?

[GNC] What "Transfer" acct when paying vendor out of Checking?

GnuCash - User mailing list
Its been quite awhile since I've used gnuCash & I'm trying to catch.
When I pay a vendor directly from checking... not paying a bill,  just writing a check & recording it in the check register...
For "Transfer"do I select "Libalities: Accounts Payable"orUse the dropdown to select the percise expense account?

Thanks for reminding me of how to do this.

Re: [GNC] What "Transfer" acct when paying vendor out of Checking?

Adrien Monteleone-2
You select the expense account.

There should be no manual transactions between AP/AR if you are using the Business Features.

You can though have manual transactions between ‘Other AP/Other AR’ accounts and checking/cash etc.

Since you didn’t initially create a transaction (a Bill) between the expense account and Accounts Payable, there is no reason to involve Accounts Payable in the payment transaction.

Treat it no different from paying for fuel or groceries.

> On Feb 3, 2020 w6d34, at 2:46 PM, Fran_3 via gnucash-user <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Its been quite awhile since I've used gnuCash & I'm trying to catch.
> When I pay a vendor directly from checking... not paying a bill,  just writing a check & recording it in the check register...
> For "Transfer"do I select "Libalities: Accounts Payable"orUse the dropdown to select the percise expense account?
>
> Thanks for reminding me of how to do this.

Re: [GNC] What "Transfer" acct when paying vendor out of Checking?

If you haven't raised a bill then the Liabilities:Accounts Payable is not
applicable. The transfer account will be the relevant expense account unless
the item is a capital expense in which case it will be an asset account not
under current assets.