[GNC] What is

GnuCash - User mailing list
Hi All,

Version: 3.4
Build ID: 3.4+ (2018-12-30)
Finance::Quote: 1.47

In my check register, in the heading between "Transfer" and
"Deposit", there is an "R".  What is this and what does it do?

Many thanks,
-T

prl

Re: [GNC] What is

prl
The "R" column indicates which transactions have been reconciled.
Reconciling is used when your account register should match someone
else's version of the register (e.g. the bank's view of the account if
the register is a bank account).

Reconciling is done when you take the other party's (the bank's, for
example) statement of the account and compare it with your account
register to make sure that they are the same.

For more details see section 4.4 of the Gnucash The Tutorial and
Concepts Guide, http://gnucash.org/viewdoc.phtml?rev=3&lang=C&doc=guide.

Reconciliation is a way of checking for errors in either your register
or the bank's statement.

Peter

On 30/03/2019 11:19, ToddAndMargo via gnucash-user wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Version: 3.4
> Build ID: 3.4+ (2018-12-30)
> Finance::Quote: 1.47
>
> In my check register, in the heading between "Transfer" and
> "Deposit", there is an "R".  What is this and what does it do?
>

> Many thanks,
> -T

Re: [GNC] What is

GnuCash - User mailing list

On 3/29/19 5:48 PM, prl wrote:

> The "R" column indicates which transactions have been reconciled.
> Reconciling is used when your account register should match someone
> else's version of the register (e.g. the bank's view of the account if
> the register is a bank account).
>
> Reconciling is done when you take the other party's (the bank's, for
> example) statement of the account and compare it with your account
> register to make sure that they are the same.
>
> For more details see section 4.4 of the Gnucash The Tutorial and
> Concepts Guide, http://gnucash.org/viewdoc.phtml?rev=3&lang=C&doc=guide.
>
> Reconciliation is a way of checking for errors in either your register
> or the bank's statement.
>
> Peter

Thank you!