[GNC] Vendor invoice, A/P, and payment not reflected

[GNC] Vendor invoice, A/P, and payment not reflected

Rich Shepard
   Now running 3.2 on Slackware-14.2. The following was done with 2.6.21 (if
the version makes any difference).

   On 23 June I entered a vendor's bill using Business -> Vendor -> New Bill.
This was posted to Accounts Payable and appears there. The same day, I paid
the invoice. The payment is shown in the checking account register but not
in the accounts payable register.

   I just unposted the bill and checked when reposting it that A/P was where
the bill was posted. What steps have I missed to have the payment shown in
A/P (which will bring the balance to $0.00?

TIA,

Rich

Re: [GNC] Vendor invoice, A/P, and payment not reflected

Derek Atkins-3
Hi,

On Mon, July 9, 2018 12:42 pm, Rich Shepard wrote:

>    Now running 3.2 on Slackware-14.2. The following was done with 2.6.21
> (if
> the version makes any difference).
>
>    On 23 June I entered a vendor's bill using Business -> Vendor -> New
> Bill.
> This was posted to Accounts Payable and appears there. The same day, I
> paid
> the invoice. The payment is shown in the checking account register but not
> in the accounts payable register.

What is the "Other Account" you see for the payment in the checking account?

>    I just unposted the bill and checked when reposting it that A/P was
> where
> the bill was posted. What steps have I missed to have the payment shown in
> A/P (which will bring the balance to $0.00?

How did you enter the payment transaction?

> TIA,
>
> Rich

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745

On Mon, 9 Jul 2018, Derek Atkins wrote:

> What is the "Other Account" you see for the payment in the checking account?

Derek

   The off-setting account is Current liabilities: Accounts payable.

> How did you enter the payment transaction?

   I used the 2.6.21 down arrow at the right edge of the tab bar while
the focus was on the 'View Bill' page, then 'pay invoice'. I filled in the
required information, checked the 'print check' box, selected the printer,
and printed the check.

Thanks,

On Mon, 9 Jul 2018, Rich Shepard wrote:

> I used the 2.6.21 down arrow at the right edge of the tab bar while
> the focus was on the 'View Bill' page, then 'pay invoice'. I filled in the
> required information, checked the 'print check' box, selected the printer,
> and printed the check.

   And I checked that the account to use was checking.

Op maandag 9 juli 2018 18:42:34 CEST schreef Rich Shepard:

>    Now running 3.2 on Slackware-14.2. The following was done with 2.6.21 (if
> the version makes any difference).
>
>    On 23 June I entered a vendor's bill using Business -> Vendor -> New
> Bill. This was posted to Accounts Payable and appears there. The same day,
> I paid the invoice. The payment is shown in the checking account register
> but not in the accounts payable register.
>
>    I just unposted the bill and checked when reposting it that A/P was where
> the bill was posted. What steps have I missed to have the payment shown in
> A/P (which will bring the balance to $0.00?

When unposting and reposting a bill the payment becomes disassociated from the
bill. You have to reapply the payment to the bill.

The easiest way to do this I think is to open
Business->Vendor->Process Payment...

In the window that opens, select the vendor, then in the documents panel
select both your bill and the related payment. That should bring the amount
due to 0.

Then click Ok.

On Mon, 9 Jul 2018, Geert Janssens wrote:

> When unposting and reposting a bill the payment becomes disassociated from
> the bill. You have to reapply the payment to the bill.
>
> The easiest way to do this I think is to open
> Business->Vendor->Process Payment...

Geert,

   This is what I forgot! Thanks for the reminder.

   Yes, A/P balance is now zero.

Much appreciated,

Rich