[GNC] VAT Reporting

Peter Bruty
Hi Guys
I am looking at Gnucash to replace my old Quicken accounts system which is
dying.
I run accounts for a local sports club in the UK. We are VAT (Value Added
Tax) registered so need to submit quarterly VAT returns. My quicken account
has a VAT report feature both as a summary and Detail. I cannot find
anything in Gnucash that gives me this function.
Can you help me please. How is VAT reporting done in Gnucash please.

kind regards

Pete Bruty

Re: [GNC] VAT Reporting

Maf. King
On Monday, 6 August 2018 14:27:29 BST Peter Bruty wrote:
> Hi Guys
> I am looking at Gnucash to replace my old Quicken accounts system which is
> dying.
> I run accounts for a local sports club in the UK. We are VAT (Value Added
> Tax) registered so need to submit quarterly VAT returns. My quicken account
> has a VAT report feature both as a summary and Detail. I cannot find
> anything in Gnucash that gives me this function.
> Can you help me please. How is VAT reporting done in Gnucash please.

Hi Peter,

I use some saved transaction reports to generate the required box totals for
the VAT return.  I can offer you more advice about setting up account trees
etc. if you need it later on

But...before you invest loads of time in learning GC, I suggest that you bear
in mind the change to the VAT return system that is coming up from April (MTD
- Making Tax Digital  (or Difficult.  YMMV)).

The status of GC in this regard is presently not clear, and it may not be
possible to use GC to generate figures to send to HMRC next year.

best regards,
Maf.

Re: [GNC] VAT Reporting

Paete,

Have a look at the discussion on this thread
http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/GNC-few-questions-on-gnucash-tp4702374.html.
Also search the archives for VAT and/or GST related posts. There was a lot
of effort put in a few years ago.

The gnucash help manual has some information is section 10 customizing
GnuCash https://www.gnucash.org/docs/v3/C/gnucash-help/help.html

The tutorial and concepts Guide Section 13.2.2 also has tax table
information.
https://www.gnucash.org/docs/v3/C/gnucash-guide/index.html

This post has information on a VAT-GST report
http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/New-Report-Suitable-for-VAT-GST-returns-td4692955.html.