[GNC] Uploading Invoices

Teresa
I am using an external invoicing system, and I am a new user. I need to
import 30 monthly and individual invoices from my invoicing system into
Gnu Cash.

I also need to import invoices YTD, paid and open.

Is there a template?

--

Teresa Slack

Senior Client Manager

*_Coba Enterprise Management, LLC_*

3620 Pelham Road, PMB 107

Greenville, SC 29615

Office: 864.343.8017 x 5

Cell:    864.525.3633

[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
Coba-EM.com <http://coba-em.com/>

/NOTICE TO RECIPIENTS: The information contained in and accompanying
this communication may be confidential, subject to legal privilege, or
otherwise protected from disclosure, and is intended solely for the use
of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient of
this communication, please delete and destroy all copies in your
possession, notify sender that you have received this communication in
error, and note that any review or dissemination of, or the taking of
any action in reliance on, this communication is expressly prohibited.
Email messages may contain computer viruses or other defects, may not be
accurately replicated on other systems, or may be intercepted, deleted
or interfered with without the knowledge of the sender or the intended
recipient. Coba Enterprise Management, LLC makes no warranties in
relation to these matters. Please note that Coba Enterprise Management,
LLC reserves the right to intercept, monitor, and retain email messages
to and from its systems as permitted by applicable law. If you are not
comfortable with the risks associated with e-mail messages, you may
decide not to use email to communicate with Coba Enterprise Management,
LLC. /

Re: [GNC] Uploading Invoices

Justin Haynes
File -> Import -> Import Bills and Invoices.

Can you export as a csv from your invoicing system?    You may want to play
with, say, 1-3 at a time, and then play with the options.

Notice the "Open not yet posted documents in tabs" option which can be
useful, so that you can see how things will import *before* you decide to
post them.

[image: image.png]

Oh, also, have you looked in File -> Properties?  Notice under book options
in "Business" and "Counters".  In Counters, those are for internal
numbering, but there is also a field in invoices

And one more thing - if the external invoicing system has its own invoice
numbers, you should be able to import those as the "Billing ID".  That's
separate from GNUCash's internal InvoicID.  So for example, if you don't
have any invoices, and you manually created a new customer and created a
new invoice, you could rely on GNUCash to autonumber teh invoice, and you
can fill in the external invoice systems id as "Billing ID" Like I show
here.  I would think importing works the same but I have not tested it
becaus I don't use an external invoicing system.

[image: image.png]

On Fri, Mar 8, 2019 at 11:41 AM Teresa <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am using an external invoicing system, and I am a new user. I need to
> import 30 monthly and individual invoices from my invoicing system into
> Gnu Cash.
>
> I also need to import invoices YTD, paid and open.
>
> Is there a template?
>
> --
>
> Teresa Slack
>
> Senior Client Manager
>
> *_Coba Enterprise Management, LLC_*
>
> 3620 Pelham Road, PMB 107
>
> Greenville, SC 29615
>
> Office: 864.343.8017 x 5
>
> Cell:    864.525.3633
>
> [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
> Coba-EM.com <http://coba-em.com/>
>
> /NOTICE TO RECIPIENTS: The information contained in and accompanying
> this communication may be confidential, subject to legal privilege, or
> otherwise protected from disclosure, and is intended solely for the use
> of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient of
> this communication, please delete and destroy all copies in your
> possession, notify sender that you have received this communication in
> error, and note that any review or dissemination of, or the taking of
> any action in reliance on, this communication is expressly prohibited.
> Email messages may contain computer viruses or other defects, may not be
> accurately replicated on other systems, or may be intercepted, deleted
> or interfered with without the knowledge of the sender or the intended
> recipient. Coba Enterprise Management, LLC makes no warranties in
> relation to these matters. Please note that Coba Enterprise Management,
> LLC reserves the right to intercept, monitor, and retain email messages
> to and from its systems as permitted by applicable law. If you are not
> comfortable with the risks associated with e-mail messages, you may
> decide not to use email to communicate with Coba Enterprise Management,
> LLC. /

image.png (66K) Download Attachment
image.png (30K) Download Attachment

Re: [GNC] Uploading Invoices

This is covered in the Tutorial & Concepts Guide - Chapter 18 Import Business Data. (http://www.gnucash.org/viewdoc.phtml?rev=3&lang=C&doc=guide)

The format you need is CSV and the column headings (fields) are described at the end of the chapter in 18.1.2

Note, the beginning of the chapter focuses on Python scripts to accomplish converting data to the needed format. This may or may not be useful to you.

> On Mar 8, 2019, at 11:38 AM, Teresa <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I am using an external invoicing system, and I am a new user. I need to import 30 monthly and individual invoices from my invoicing system into Gnu Cash.
>
> I also need to import invoices YTD, paid and open.
>
> Is there a template?
>
> --
>
> Teresa Slack

Re: [GNC] Uploading Invoices

I don’t see any reason you can’t use the same invoice number rather than having to maintain two numbering systems. GnuCash lets you make up just about any numbering scheme you want, so certainly, you use the same original number from the external system.