[GNC] Updating From V 2.6.11

Rick & Janelle Halvorson
I am currently using version 2.6.11. I want to update to the most recent version to take advantage of the reconciliation report addition. How do I do that, and where is the download for the latest version found?

Do I just install the latest version "over the top" of V2.6.11?
Is there an update to install?
Do I delete (uninstall) V2.6.11 and reinstall? If so, what do I need to save to recover my existing data?

Thank you! I love using the software!

Rick Halvorson

Re: [GNC] Updating From V 2.6.11

Colin Law
To know the answer it would be helpful to know which operating system
you are using and how you installed it in the first place.

Colin

On Fri, 8 Feb 2019 at 08:08, Rick & Janelle Halvorson
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am currently using version 2.6.11. I want to update to the most recent version to take advantage of the reconciliation report addition. How do I do that, and where is the download for the latest version found?
>

> Do I just install the latest version "over the top" of V2.6.11?
> Is there an update to install?
> Do I delete (uninstall) V2.6.11 and reinstall? If so, what do I need to save to recover my existing data?
>

> Thank you! I love using the software!
>

> Rick Halvorson

Re: [GNC] Updating From V 2.6.11

Rick,

Windows installers usually uninstall previous versions as part of the
installation process. Can't be dead sure if that's the case for GnuCash as I
no longer use Windows.

On Linux, you normally have to uninstall a previous version before
installing the next version as some libraries may remain/not be overwritten
and cause problems if you don't. The Software Managerand or/apt can
uninstall (see the wiki for Gnucash Installation on Linux for uninstall
instructions depending on how it was installed).

On MacOS I don't know how it works.