[GNC] Unique entry date and transaction date availability?

[GNC] Unique entry date and transaction date availability?

Jeff Albrecht
I had quicken for a decade or more. Several accountant / bookkeepers
worked on it with me.

I've found a transaction, now imported into GNUCash, that I feel may
have been entered less than optimally. It's dated 4/9/2015 however I
suspect it was entered at some other time when someone made an adjusting
entry. They didn't document the transaction very much. I'm curious when
the transaction was created vs the date it represents.

Is there a transaction creation date available and if so how may I
display it.

I did find an email thread from September 2013...

"Starting with releases in the 2.5 series (which is still in alpha or
beta, depending on your opinion), the date entered will be visible if
you have your preferences set to show it."
https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2013-September/050587.html

Searched through preferences a couple times. I'm not seeing it.

    - Jeff

Re: [GNC] Unique entry date and transaction date availability?

Christian Kluge
Am 01.05.2019 um 22:55 schrieb Jeff Albrecht:

> Is there a transaction creation date available and if so how may I
> display it.
>
> I did find an email thread from September 2013...
>
> "Starting with releases in the 2.5 series (which is still in alpha or
> beta, depending on your opinion), the date entered will be visible if
> you have your preferences set to show it."
> https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2013-September/050587.html
>
> Searched through preferences a couple times. I'm not seeing it.

I don’t know which OS you’re using but on Linux with the experimental
features compile option I can start gnucash with the --extra option and
can enable this view in the Extensions/Register 2 General Journal

Kind regards

Christian Kluge

Re: [GNC] Unique entry date and transaction date availability?

Jeff Albrecht
Doh! Forgot to include platform and version. Windows 10 Version: 3.5
Build ID: 3.5+(2019-03-30)

Working on it since 2013 and it's still experimental? :-) I'd sure like
it to go into the Main branch. I feel it's a very important feature to
have although not often used.

I looked around for a while "windows gnucash startup command line
options" I guess there aren't any?

  - Jeff

On 5/1/2019 2:12 PM, Christian Kluge wrote:

> Am 01.05.2019 um 22:55 schrieb Jeff Albrecht:
>
>> Is there a transaction creation date available and if so how may I
>> display it.
>>
>> I did find an email thread from September 2013...
>>
>> "Starting with releases in the 2.5 series (which is still in alpha or
>> beta, depending on your opinion), the date entered will be visible if
>> you have your preferences set to show it."
>> https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2013-September/050587.html
>>
>> Searched through preferences a couple times. I'm not seeing it.
>>
> I don’t know which OS you’re using but on Linux with the experimental
> features compile option I can start gnucash with the --extra option and
> can enable this view in the Extensions/Register 2 General Journal
>
> Kind regards
>
> Christian Kluge

Re: [GNC] Unique entry date and transaction date availability?

John Ralls-2
Unfortunately it was part of the Register rewrite called Register2. That had some serious stability problems that the contributor wasn't able to resolve so it remains hidden away behind the "--extra" command-line flag.