[GNC] Transactions not appearing in report

[GNC] Transactions not appearing in report

Nancy Tague
I’ve been using GnuCash only a few months, since I took over as treasurer of a small community non-profit. I have had 2 different bank accounts set up in GnuCash, as well as a number of expense and income accounts.  Recently I set up 3 new bank accounts for CDs (certificates of deposit) we set up.  I revised my monthly treasurer’s report (a transaction report showing all bank accounts) to show those accounts too.  All was good.  Everything worked fine the last time I entered transactions and viewed the report on 2/4.

Today I entered the interest on them that was paid on 1/31.  When I opened the treasurer’s report, the interest payments are not there.  In fact, when I test by putting in fake deposits, they don’t show up either.  In any account.  They’re within the date range of my report.  I am saving the transactions and they show up in the totals on the Accounts list.  But not in my report.  I can’t figure out what on earth I could be doing wrong.  Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

Nancy
I have version 3.2  Build ID: 3.2+ (2018-06-24). Working on a PC with Windows 10.

Re: [GNC] Transactions not appearing in report

David Carlson-4
Nancy,

Did you revise the Accounts selections for the report(s) to include the new
accounts?  That must be done manually in the configurations for most
reports.

David Carlson

Liz

Re: [GNC] Transactions not appearing in report

Liz
On Sat, 9 Feb 2019 21:19:08 -0600
David Carlson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Nancy,
>
> Did you revise the Accounts selections for the report(s) to include
> the new accounts?  That must be done manually in the configurations
> for most reports.
>
> David Carlson

and then save the report with another name?
I add a version number, or change the financial year

Liz

Re: [GNC] Transactions not appearing in report

Nancy Tague
Yes.  The new accounts are in the report, along with the initial deposits. All that worked on Feb 4.  Today I can’t make ANY newly added transactions appear, in any of my accounts, new and old.  I’ve tried adding test transactions with older dates and with more recent dates (all within the report date range) and they don’t show up.

Nancy

Re: [GNC] Transactions not appearing in report

Adrien Monteleone-2
Three things I'd check:

Are the missing transactions/accounts in the same currency as the report?

Are there any filters set on the Accounts tab in the report Options? if so, as a test, set this to ’none’.

On the Filters tab of the report options, make sure Reconcile Status is set to ‘All’.