[GNC] Taking an existing transaction and scheduling future repeats

[GNC] Taking an existing transaction and scheduling future repeats

Stan Brown
There must be a way to do this, but I'm failing to find it in the menus.

It happens, every once in a while, that I enter a transaction and then
realize that the same transaction will be repeated at intervals. I'd
like to right-click it and have one of the options be to start the
scheduled-transaction editor with all information copied from that
transaction. Or an option in the regular menu to schedule the current
transaction for future repeats would be helpful.

Is there a way to do this conveniently? If not, can we make it a feature
request?

I'm in 2.6.19, not ready to upgrade to 3.2 because of Windows issues.
But if this exists in 3.2 and not in 2.6, please let me know!

Stan Brown
Tompkins County, New York, USA
http://BrownMath.com
http://OakRoadSystems.com

Re: [GNC] Taking an existing transaction and scheduling future repeats

Steven Stern
On 09/03/2018 03:12 PM, Stan Brown wrote:

> There must be a way to do this, but I'm failing to find it in the menus.
>
> It happens, every once in a while, that I enter a transaction and then
> realize that the same transaction will be repeated at intervals. I'd
> like to right-click it and have one of the options be to start the
> scheduled-transaction editor with all information copied from that
> transaction. Or an option in the regular menu to schedule the current
> transaction for future repeats would be helpful.
>
> Is there a way to do this conveniently? If not, can we make it a feature
> request?
>
> I'm in 2.6.19, not ready to upgrade to 3.2 because of Windows issues.
> But if this exists in 3.2 and not in 2.6, please let me know!

Right click on the transaction and select Schedule.  (At least, that's
how it works in 3.2)

--
-- Steve

Re: [GNC] Taking an existing transaction and scheduling future repeats

Colin Law
On Mon, 3 Sep 2018 at 21:14, Stan Brown <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'd  like to right-click it and have one of the options be to start the
> scheduled-transaction editor with all information copied from that
> transaction.

The developers work really fast when a good suggestion is made, in
fact your s/w has now automatically updated with this enhancement.
Select the transaction and right click and you should see Schedule...
as an option

Colin

Re: [GNC] Taking an existing transaction and scheduling future repeats

David Carlson-4
Right click and schedule has been a feature for a long time.  In fact that
is my preferred way to do it

On 2018-09-03 16:19, Colin Law wrote:

> On Mon, 3 Sep 2018 at 21:14, Stan Brown <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I'd  like to right-click it and have one of the options be to start the
>> scheduled-transaction editor with all information copied from that
>> transaction.
>
> The developers work really fast when a good suggestion is made, in
> fact your s/w has now automatically updated with this enhancement.
> Select the transaction and right click and you should see Schedule...
> as an option

Well, good heavens -- how did I miss that?  Thanks for pointing it out
gently. :-)