[GNC] Some chinese words can not be displayed

[GNC] Some chinese words can not be displayed

Richard Zhang
Hi Support,
I got a problem when I use the GNUCASH.

Environment: Window 10 Enterprise
Version:         1709
Language: English

Symptom:     some words in menu and description can not be displayed.
[cid:image001.png@01D4E22A.DB249AA0]

Pls help.
Thanks!
BR/Richard

image001.png (22K) Download Attachment

Re: [GNC] Some chinese words can not be displayed

John Ralls

You need to configure a font with better Unicode support. See https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/GTK3. The hard part is figuring out which font to use.

Re: [GNC] Some chinese words can not be displayed

Richard Zhang
Hi John,
Thanks for your reply.
I will study the documents and try to fix it.
BR//Richard

> On Mar 24, 2019, at 7:34 AM, Richard Zhang <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Support,
> I got a problem when I use the GNUCASH.
>
> Environment: Window 10 Enterprise
> Version:         1709
> Language: English
>
> Symptom:     some words in menu and description can not be displayed.
> [cid:image001.png@01D4E22A.DB249AA0]
>
> Pls help.

You need to configure a font with better Unicode support. See https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/GTK3. The hard part is figuring out which font to use.

Re: [GNC] Some chinese words can not be displayed

Richard Zhang
Hi John,
I put the settings.ini into the C:\Users\erzhang\AppData\Local\gtk-3.0 with following settting:

[Settings]
gtk-font-name=Microsoft YaHei 14

It back to normal.
Thanks!
BR/Richard

I will study the documents and try to fix it.
BR//Richard

> On Mar 24, 2019, at 7:34 AM, Richard Zhang <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Support,
> I got a problem when I use the GNUCASH.
>
> Environment: Window 10 Enterprise
> Version:         1709
> Language: English
>
> Symptom:     some words in menu and description can not be displayed.
> [cid:image001.png@01D4E22A.DB249AA0]
>
> Pls help.

You need to configure a font with better Unicode support. See https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/GTK3. The hard part is figuring out which font to use.

Re: [GNC] Some chinese words can not be displayed

John Ralls-2
Thanks for following up. I've made an entry on https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/GTK3 about it.