[GNC] Setting counter formats

gnucash.dgr9z
Hello all,

I am unable to set the invoice counter format in GnuCash 3.4 on OSX 10.14 (Mojave) while using the XML backend (I have not tried with SQL). When I reopen File > Preferences after entering a format and clicking OK, my edits are gone, and new invoices inherit the default nnnnnn format.

Is there a workaround for getting this set, such as a manual addition to the .gnucash xml file? I had been able to set counters in earlier versions of Gnucash.

Thanks,
Ron