[GNC] Scrolling problem

Jonathan Silvey
I cannot scroll to transactions at an earlier date than what's at the top
of the current screen. THis happens for any account. However, in
Reconciliation, the scrollbar moves correctly. The totals in Accounts are
also correct.

I use Windows10 and Gnucash Version: 3.5, Build ID: 3.5+(2019-03-30).

Can anyonne help, please?
Jonathan

Re: [GNC] Scrolling problem

Colin Law
Check in View > Filter By that in the Date tab that Show All is
selected, and in the Status tab that all boxes are checked.

Colin

On Tue, 20 Aug 2019 at 15:18, Jonathan Silvey <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I cannot scroll to transactions at an earlier date than what's at the top
> of the current screen. THis happens for any account. However, in
> Reconciliation, the scrollbar moves correctly. The totals in Accounts are
> also correct.
>
> I use Windows10 and Gnucash Version: 3.5, Build ID: 3.5+(2019-03-30).
>
> Can anyonne help, please?
> Jonathan

Re: [GNC] Scrolling problem

Colin Law
On Tue, 20 Aug 2019 at 20:53, Jonathan Silvey <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
> I have checked and all were already checked.

You sent this to me and not to the list, you have to select Reply All
or Reply List on this email list.  I am forwarding it to the list
here.
What happens if you click on a transaction and then use the up arrow
to scroll to the top and keep going?

Has this just started happening?  If so did anything happen that might
have triggered it?

Colin

> Jonathan
>

> On Tue, 20 Aug 2019 at 15:48, Colin Law <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Check in View > Filter By that in the Date tab that Show All is
>> selected, and in the Status tab that all boxes are checked.
>>
>> Colin
>>
>> On Tue, 20 Aug 2019 at 15:18, Jonathan Silvey <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> >
>> > I cannot scroll to transactions at an earlier date than what's at the top
>> > of the current screen. THis happens for any account. However, in
>> > Reconciliation, the scrollbar moves correctly. The totals in Accounts are
>> > also correct.
>> >
>> > I use Windows10 and Gnucash Version: 3.5, Build ID: 3.5+(2019-03-30).
>> >
>> > Can anyonne help, please?
>> > Jonathan

Re: [GNC] Scrolling problem

Jonathan Silvey
Hi,

Sorry about not replying to all.

Click on a transaction and scroll up using the Up arrow and it shows just
one more transaction.

It's been happening for several months now and if I changed anything that
might have triggered it, I can't remember doing so.

Jonathan

On Tue, 20 Aug 2019 at 21:13, Colin Law <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Aug 2019 at 20:53, Jonathan Silvey <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> > I have checked and all were already checked.
>
> You sent this to me and not to the list, you have to select Reply All
> or Reply List on this email list.  I am forwarding it to the list
> here.
> What happens if you click on a transaction and then use the up arrow
> to scroll to the top and keep going?
>
> Has this just started happening?  If so did anything happen that might
> have triggered it?
>
> Colin
>

> > Jonathan
> >

> > On Tue, 20 Aug 2019 at 15:48, Colin Law <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> Check in View > Filter By that in the Date tab that Show All is
> >> selected, and in the Status tab that all boxes are checked.
> >>
> >> Colin

> top
> are

Re: [GNC] Scrolling problem

Adrien Monteleone-2
Did you build this yourself and did you include ‘Register2’ as a build option?

I found a thread from last year with a similar problem that was using Register2 instead of the currently supported register code.

There was another recent thread (last month or so) where someone was describing a similar problem with screenshots but for the life of me I can’t find it. (I think the thread was about multiple issues which makes searching more difficult)

Is there some reason you haven’t switched to 3.6? Can you upgrade and see if the problem persists?

> On Aug 20, 2019 w34d232, at 4:56 PM, Jonathan Silvey <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Sorry about not replying to all.
>
> Click on a transaction and scroll up using the Up arrow and it shows just
> one more transaction.
>
> It's been happening for several months now and if I changed anything that
> might have triggered it, I can't remember doing so.
>

> Jonathan

Re: [GNC] Scrolling problem

Adrien Monteleone-2
No worries about the build, it was just a thought.

Just to clarify:

1. Scrolling with the mouse does not work.

2. Clicking and dragging the scroll bar marker does not work

3. Clicking in a transaction and using the up arrow on the keyboard does not advance more than a single transaction. (you can’t repeatedly advance to older transactions, *only* to ONE earlier transaction)

4. You are in an account register and NOT the General Journal. (defaults to 30 days unless you change it with a View > Filter by... setting)

5. View > Filter by... Date > is set to ’Show all’

6. View > Filter by... Status > has all boxes checked.

7. Preferences > Register Defaults > Number of Transactions > is set to ‘0’. (the default setting, which means ’show all transactions’ —hover over the box for the tooltip)

> On Aug 21, 2019 w34d233, at 5:21 AM, Jonathan Silvey <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I'm not tech savvy  enough to understand anything about Build options. I just quoted it in case it was useful.
>
> I've downloaded 3.6 and I get the same problem.
> Jonathan

Re: [GNC] Scrolling problem

Colin Law
Forwarding to the list as you accidentally replied to me instead of the list.
You do not seem to have replied to the previous email from Adrien.

Colin

On Tue, 27 Aug 2019 at 12:36, Jonathan Silvey <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm sorry if no one can solve this problem. I will probably have to abandon Gnucash completely. Thanks for your help previously.
> Jonathan
>

> On Tue, 20 Aug 2019 at 22:56, Jonathan Silvey <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Sorry about not replying to all.
>>
>> Click on a transaction and scroll up using the Up arrow and it shows just one more transaction.
>>
>> It's been happening for several months now and if I changed anything that might have triggered it, I can't remember doing so.
>>

>> Jonathan

>>> You sent this to me and not to the list, you have to select Reply All
>>> or Reply List on this email list.  I am forwarding it to the list
>>> here.
>>> What happens if you click on a transaction and then use the up arrow
>>> to scroll to the top and keep going?
>>>
>>> Has this just started happening?  If so did anything happen that might
>>> have triggered it?
>>>
>>> Colin

Re: [GNC] Scrolling problem

David Carlson-4
Jonathan,

Apparently you do not want to make additional effort to address your
problem to make Gnucash usable.  We cannot help you if you do not do your
part in the debugging process.  You have not mentioned whether this problem
is in only one account view or every account view, whether it is also in
the General Ledger view, or whether you have tried Colin's or Adrien's
suggestions.

If you open a register view and click View > Filter by.., exactly which
button is marked on the Date tab, and is the Save box checked?  Also, while
you are there, under the Status tab, are all the boxes checked?

Did you, or are you willing to try uninstalling and re-installing GnuCash.
That is easy to do, but it may or may not help.

Last, reply to group so we all can see your progress.

David Carlson