[GNC] Scheduled transaction failed to create.

[GNC] Scheduled transaction failed to create.

GnuCash - User mailing list
One of my scheduled transactions failed to create yesterday. Is there an easy
way to force it to do so or will I need to enter it manually for this month?
In the editor window, it shows the last occurrence date as 19/6/2019 and the
next occurrence date as 19/7/2019.

I'm using version 3.5 on Windows 10

Alan

Re: [GNC] Scheduled transaction failed to create.

Derek Atkins-3
Have you tried the Since Last Run dialog under Actions - > Scheduled
Transactions?  That only runs automatically when you start gnucash.  If you
keep gnucash running then you have to fire it off manually.

-derek
Sent using my mobile device. Please excuse any typos.
On July 20, 2019 7:09:19 AM AEG via gnucash-user <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> One of my scheduled transactions failed to create yesterday. Is there an easy
> way to force it to do so or will I need to enter it manually for this month?
> In the editor window, it shows the last occurrence date as 19/6/2019 and the
> next occurrence date as 19/7/2019.
>
> I'm using version 3.5 on Windows 10
>
> Alan

Re: [GNC] Scheduled transaction failed to create.

GnuCash - User mailing list
Thanks Derek, that worked.

It appears that I had recently turned off the "Run when data file opened"
option in Preferences when I tried to stop the window opening at startup. I
don't find that window helpful because it lists every scheduled transaction
when I'm only interested in those that have just been created and I always
have to scroll to see them.

On the plus side, I'm gradually learning more about how GnuCash works.

Thanks again for your help.

Alan

Derek Atkins-3 wrote
> Have you tried the Since Last Run dialog under Actions - > Scheduled
> Transactions?  That only runs automatically when you start gnucash.  If
> you
> keep gnucash running then you have to fire it off manually.

Re: [GNC] Scheduled transaction failed to create.

Colin Law
On Sun, 21 Jul 2019 at 07:00, AEG via gnucash-user
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> It appears that I had recently turned off the "Run when data file opened"
> option in Preferences when I tried to stop the window opening at startup. I
> don't find that window helpful because it lists every scheduled transaction
> when I'm only interested in those that have just been created and I always
> have to scroll to see them.

If, in Preferences > Scheduled Transactions, you select Run when data
file opened but not Show notification window, then it will run on
startup but won't show you the notification window.  This results in
all transactions configured for Automatic entry will be silently
entered.

Coiin