[GNC] Scheduled Trans shows completed 5/8 but not in register?

123

[GNC] Scheduled Trans shows completed 5/8 but not in register?

Jack Slater
Been processing monthly for 2 years - then a blip?

Re: [GNC] Scheduled Trans shows completed 5/8 but not in register?

David Carlson-4
Jack,

I seem to recall that under certain unusual circumstances such. As if the
computer crashes after Since Last Run executes but before Gnucash saves the
file this might happen.  However, I have not tried it.

It would help to know more details.

David Carlson

On Thu, May 16, 2019, 2:08 PM Jack Slater <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Been processing monthly for 2 years - then a blip?

Re: [GNC] Scheduled Trans shows completed 5/8 but not in register?

Maf. King
On Friday, 17 May 2019 12:48:56 BST David Carlson wrote:

> Jack,
>
> I seem to recall that under certain unusual circumstances such. As if the
> computer crashes after Since Last Run executes but before Gnucash saves the
> file this might happen.  However, I have not tried it.
>
> It would help to know more details.
>
> David Carlson

I think there's a glitch / bug somewhere that an SX running fails to update
the register view.

try closing & re-opening the register, and / or GC

see if that shows up the missing txn.

0.02
Maf.

Re: [GNC] Scheduled Trans shows completed 5/8 but not in register?

Jack Slater
I closed both register window and GC but scheduled transaction (showing
last occur 5/8) is not found.  Must be a bug! Anything else I can tell you?

On Fri, May 17, 2019 at 7:06 AM Maf. King <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Friday, 17 May 2019 12:48:56 BST David Carlson wrote:
> > Jack,
> >
> > I seem to recall that under certain unusual circumstances such. As if the
> > computer crashes after Since Last Run executes but before Gnucash saves
> the
> > file this might happen.  However, I have not tried it.
> >
> > It would help to know more details.
> >
> > David Carlson
> >

> I think there's a glitch / bug somewhere that an SX running fails to
> update
> the register view.
>
> try closing & re-opening the register, and / or GC
>
> see if that shows up the missing txn.
>
> 0.02
> Maf.

Re: [GNC] Scheduled Trans shows completed 5/8 but not in register?

David Carlson-4
Yes, it would be useful to know if you are using release 3.5 or close.
Also, if you recall any unusual circumstance during or immediately after
that SX session.

I think the only work-around would be to find the previous transaction
entry and copy it or force another entry by adjusting the SX settings.

On Sat, May 18, 2019 at 12:47 PM Jack Slater <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I closed both register window and GC but scheduled transaction (showing
> last occur 5/8) is not found.  Must be a bug! Anything else I can tell you?
>
> On Fri, May 17, 2019 at 7:06 AM Maf. King <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > On Friday, 17 May 2019 12:48:56 BST David Carlson wrote:
> > > Jack,
> > >
> > > I seem to recall that under certain unusual circumstances such. As if
> the
> > > computer crashes after Since Last Run executes but before Gnucash saves
> > the
> > > file this might happen.  However, I have not tried it.
> > >
> > > It would help to know more details.
> > >
> > > David Carlson
> > >

> > I think there's a glitch / bug somewhere that an SX running fails to
> > update
> > the register view.
> >
> > try closing & re-opening the register, and / or GC
> >
> > see if that shows up the missing txn.
> >
> > 0.02
> > Maf.

> > https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Mailing_Lists for more information.

David Carlson

On Saturday, 18 May 2019 20:12:02 BST David Carlson wrote:

> Yes, it would be useful to know if you are using release 3.5 or close.
> Also, if you recall any unusual circumstance during or immediately after
> that SX session.
>
> I think the only work-around would be to find the previous transaction
> entry and copy it or force another entry by adjusting the SX settings.
>
> On Sat, May 18, 2019 at 12:47 PM Jack Slater <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I closed both register window and GC but scheduled transaction (showing
> > last occur 5/8) is not found.  Must be a bug! Anything else I can tell
> > you?

Does the missing txn show up on the "other side" account eg expenses rather
than the eg. bank account?

Otherwise, as David suggests, you might have to re-create it manually.

Odd.
Maf.

Re: [GNC] Scheduled Trans shows completed 5/8 but not in register?

John Bonnett
I recently had a problem like this and discovered what was happening. I
also had a problem with reconcile apparently freezing. It turns out the
same thing fixed both. I raised the latter problem on this list and
another user told me to make sure I did not have another dialog open,
perhaps on another invisible screen. I checked and found the "add
interest" dialog was on another screen. Getting that back and closing it
fixed my reconcile problem.

Also on the other screen was the scheduled transactions "since last run"
dialog which seemed to be accumulating scheduled transactions, waiting
for me to acknowledge them before entering them in the registers. They
were showing as recently last occurred in the scheduled transactions
register but were not in the account registers. Getting that dialog back
to the main screen, and acknowledging it, entered all the missing
transactions.

Perhaps you have something like this?

John Bonnett

On 19/05/2019 3:14 am, Jack Slater wrote:

> I closed both register window and GC but scheduled transaction (showing
> last occur 5/8) is not found.  Must be a bug! Anything else I can tell you?
>
> On Fri, May 17, 2019 at 7:06 AM Maf. King <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On Friday, 17 May 2019 12:48:56 BST David Carlson wrote:
>>> Jack,
>>>
>>> I seem to recall that under certain unusual circumstances such. As if the
>>> computer crashes after Since Last Run executes but before Gnucash saves
>> the
>>> file this might happen.  However, I have not tried it.
>>>
>>> It would help to know more details.
>>>
>>> David Carlson
>>>
>> I think there's a glitch / bug somewhere that an SX running fails to
>> update
>> the register view.
>>
>> try closing & re-opening the register, and / or GC
>>
>> see if that shows up the missing txn.
>>
>> 0.02
>> Maf.

Re: [GNC] Scheduled Trans shows completed 5/8 but not in register?

Jack Slater
It DOES show up on the "other side"! How would that happen and what is the
correct way to fix it?

Version 3.5 - Build of 3/30/19

On Sat, May 18, 2019 at 3:15 PM Maf. King <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Saturday, 18 May 2019 20:12:02 BST David Carlson wrote:
> > Yes, it would be useful to know if you are using release 3.5 or close.
> > Also, if you recall any unusual circumstance during or immediately after
> > that SX session.
> >
> > I think the only work-around would be to find the previous transaction
> > entry and copy it or force another entry by adjusting the SX settings.
> >
> > On Sat, May 18, 2019 at 12:47 PM Jack Slater <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > > I closed both register window and GC but scheduled transaction (showing
> > > last occur 5/8) is not found.  Must be a bug! Anything else I can tell
> > > you?
> >

> Does the missing txn show up on the "other side" account eg expenses
> rather
> than the eg. bank account?
>
> Otherwise, as David suggests, you might have to re-create it manually.
>
> Odd.
> Maf.

Re: [GNC] Scheduled Trans shows completed 5/8 but not in register?

Colin Law
On Sun, 19 May 2019 at 16:48, Jack Slater <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It DOES show up on the "other side"! How would that happen and what is the
> correct way to fix it?

When looking at the other side what account is it referencing on *its*
 other side if you see what I mean.

Colin

> Version 3.5 - Build of 3/30/19
>
> On Sat, May 18, 2019 at 3:15 PM Maf. King <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > On Saturday, 18 May 2019 20:12:02 BST David Carlson wrote:
> > > Yes, it would be useful to know if you are using release 3.5 or close.
> > > Also, if you recall any unusual circumstance during or immediately after
> > > that SX session.
> > >
> > > I think the only work-around would be to find the previous transaction
> > > entry and copy it or force another entry by adjusting the SX settings.

> > Does the missing txn show up on the "other side" account eg expenses
> > rather
> > than the eg. bank account?
> >
> > Otherwise, as David suggests, you might have to re-create it manually.
> >
> > Odd.
> > Maf.

Re: [GNC] Scheduled Trans shows completed 5/8 but not in register?

Jack Slater
the correct expense account.

On Sun, May 19, 2019 at 10:52 AM Colin Law <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sun, 19 May 2019 at 16:48, Jack Slater <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > It DOES show up on the "other side"! How would that happen and what is
> the
> > correct way to fix it?
>
> When looking at the other side what account is it referencing on *its*
>  other side if you see what I mean.
>
> Colin
>

> > Version 3.5 - Build of 3/30/19

> close.
> after

> transaction
> settings.

> (showing
> tell
> > > >

> > > Does the missing txn show up on the "other side" account eg expenses
> > > rather
> > > than the eg. bank account?
> > >
> > > Otherwise, as David suggests, you might have to re-create it manually.
> > >
> > > Odd.
> > > Maf.

Re: [GNC] Scheduled Trans shows completed 5/8 but not in register?

Colin Law
I am confused in that case.  Are you saying that the transaction shows
the correct two accounts in one register, but does not appear at all
in the other?  If so then is the date correct?  If so then open the
account where it does not show and click View > Filter By and check
that Date is set to Show All and that all the boxes are ticked on the
Status tab.

Colin

On Sun, 19 May 2019 at 16:54, Jack Slater <[hidden email]> wrote:

> the correct expense account.
>
> On Sun, May 19, 2019 at 10:52 AM Colin Law <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, 19 May 2019 at 16:48, Jack Slater <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> >
>> > It DOES show up on the "other side"! How would that happen and what is the
>> > correct way to fix it?
>>
>> When looking at the other side what account is it referencing on *its*
>>  other side if you see what I mean.
>>
>> Colin
>>

>> > Version 3.5 - Build of 3/30/19

Re: [GNC] Scheduled Trans shows completed 5/8 but not in register?

Jack Slater
No. Sorry. The Sched Trans is a charge against a Visa account with the 2nd
entry against Expense:Entertainment.  Its missing in the Visa account
ledger but is listed in the Expense account ledger.

On Sun, May 19, 2019 at 2:21 PM Colin Law <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am confused in that case.  Are you saying that the transaction shows
> the correct two accounts in one register, but does not appear at all
> in the other?  If so then is the date correct?  If so then open the
> account where it does not show and click View > Filter By and check
> that Date is set to Show All and that all the boxes are ticked on the
> Status tab.
>
> Colin
>
> On Sun, 19 May 2019 at 16:54, Jack Slater <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > the correct expense account.
> >
> > On Sun, May 19, 2019 at 10:52 AM Colin Law <[hidden email]> wrote:

> is the
> >>
> >> When looking at the other side what account is it referencing on *its*
> >>  other side if you see what I mean.
> >>
> >> Colin

> close.
> immediately after

> transaction
> settings.

> [hidden email]>
> (showing
> can tell

> manually.

Re: [GNC] Scheduled Trans shows completed 5/8 but not in register?

Colin Law
So in the Expense account ledger what is on the other side of the transaction?

Colin

On Sun, 19 May 2019 at 20:27, Jack Slater <[hidden email]> wrote:

> No. Sorry. The Sched Trans is a charge against a Visa account with the 2nd entry against Expense:Entertainment.  Its missing in the Visa account ledger but is listed in the Expense account ledger.
>
> On Sun, May 19, 2019 at 2:21 PM Colin Law <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I am confused in that case.  Are you saying that the transaction shows
>> the correct two accounts in one register, but does not appear at all
>> in the other?  If so then is the date correct?  If so then open the
>> account where it does not show and click View > Filter By and check
>> that Date is set to Show All and that all the boxes are ticked on the
>> Status tab.
>>
>> Colin
>>
>> On Sun, 19 May 2019 at 16:54, Jack Slater <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> >
>> > the correct expense account.

Re: [GNC] Scheduled Trans shows completed 5/8 but not in register?

David Carlson-4
...and if you click on Jump to.. with the curser in that account line,
where does it go?

David Carson

On Sun, May 19, 2019 at 3:51 PM Colin Law <[hidden email]> wrote:

> So in the Expense account ledger what is on the other side of the
> transaction?
>
> Colin
>
> On Sun, 19 May 2019 at 20:27, Jack Slater <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > No. Sorry. The Sched Trans is a charge against a Visa account with the
> 2nd entry against Expense:Entertainment.  Its missing in the Visa account
> ledger but is listed in the Expense account ledger.
> >
> > On Sun, May 19, 2019 at 2:21 PM Colin Law <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> I am confused in that case.  Are you saying that the transaction shows
> >> the correct two accounts in one register, but does not appear at all
> >> in the other?  If so then is the date correct?  If so then open the
> >> account where it does not show and click View > Filter By and check
> >> that Date is set to Show All and that all the boxes are ticked on the
> >> Status tab.
> >>
> >> Colin

> what is the

> *its*

> or close.
> immediately after

> transaction
> settings.

> [hidden email]>
> transaction (showing
> I can tell

> expenses

> manually.

David Carlson

Re: [GNC] Scheduled Trans shows completed 5/8 but not in register?

Jack Slater
OK - Idiot alert here!  When I did a search for the transaction in the
Expense account - I spotted the "missing" transaction - date
05/08/2018......NOT 2019! Of course the 2019 transaction is the item that
did not post. So now I'm telling you - via a red face - that the
transaction appears in neither account! So I'm back to square one. Shows
complete in the Scheduled Trans list but doe not appear anywhere else.
Sorry for the misleading "clue".

On Sun, May 19, 2019 at 3:55 PM David Carlson <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> ...and if you click on Jump to.. with the curser in that account line,
> where does it go?
>

> David Carson
>
> On Sun, May 19, 2019 at 3:51 PM Colin Law <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> So in the Expense account ledger what is on the other side of the
>> transaction?
>>
>> Colin
>>
>> On Sun, 19 May 2019 at 20:27, Jack Slater <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> >
>> > No. Sorry. The Sched Trans is a charge against a Visa account with the
>> 2nd entry against Expense:Entertainment.  Its missing in the Visa account
>> ledger but is listed in the Expense account ledger.

>> what is the

>> *its*

>> or close.
>> immediately after

>> transaction
>> settings.

>> [hidden email]>
>> transaction (showing
>> I can tell

>> expenses

>> manually.

> David Carlson

Re: [GNC] Scheduled Trans shows completed 5/8 but not in register?

David Carlson-4
Since you are back to square 1, try re-reading the first. Few suggestions
we had for you to help determine if this is a bug in the current release
and how to work around the missing transaction.

David Carlson

On Mon, May 20, 2019, 7:00 AM Jack Slater <[hidden email]> wrote:

> OK - Idiot alert here!  When I did a search for the transaction in the
> Expense account - I spotted the "missing" transaction - date
> 05/08/2018......NOT 2019! Of course the 2019 transaction is the item that
> did not post. So now I'm telling you - via a red face - that the
> transaction appears in neither account! So I'm back to square one. Shows
> complete in the Scheduled Trans list but doe not appear anywhere else.
> Sorry for the misleading "clue".
>
> On Sun, May 19, 2019 at 3:55 PM David Carlson <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> ...and if you click on Jump to.. with the curser in that account line,
>> where does it go?
>>

>> David Carson
>>
>> On Sun, May 19, 2019 at 3:51 PM Colin Law <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> So in the Expense account ledger what is on the other side of the
>>> transaction?
>>>
>>> Colin

>>> 2nd entry against Expense:Entertainment.  Its missing in the Visa account
>>> ledger but is listed in the Expense account ledger.

>>> what is the

>>> *its*

>>> or close.
>>> immediately after

>>> transaction
>>> settings.

>>> [hidden email]>
>>> transaction (showing
>>> else I can tell

>>> expenses

>>> manually.

>>> https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Mailing_Lists for more information.
>>> https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Mailing_Lists for more information.
>>> -----
>>>

>> --
>> David Carlson

Re: [GNC] Scheduled Trans shows completed 5/8 but not in register?

Jack Lockard
I have found this same behavior. I either go on to entering a necessary manual transaction or closing and reopening the account and then the scheduled transaction shows up. For whatever reason, when a scheduled transaction is processed, the account register is not refreshed to have the transaction appear.

Jack

wrote:

> ...and if you click on Jump to.. with the curser in that account line,
> where does it go?
>

> David Carson
>
> On Sun, May 19, 2019 at 3:51 PM Colin Law <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> So in the Expense account ledger what is on the other side of the
>> transaction?
>>
>> Colin
>>
>> On Sun, 19 May 2019 at 20:27, Jack Slater <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> >
>> > No. Sorry. The Sched Trans is a charge against a Visa account with
>> > the
>> 2nd entry against Expense:Entertainment.  Its missing in the Visa
>> account ledger but is listed in the Expense account ledger.

>> what is the

>> *its*

>> or close.
>> immediately after

>> transaction
>> settings.

>> [hidden email]>
>> transaction (showing
>> I can tell

>> expenses

>> manually.

>> https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwiki.gnucash.org%2Fwiki%2FMailing_Lists&amp;data=02%7C01%7C%7C842fd90c47d84e33066008d6dd1ac95c%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636939504452138306&amp;sdata=QkCCv%2FcQTBlkOYUWqHMXaCkbaN2KmcfeqHikzwvWV3Y%3D&amp;reserved=0 for more information.
>> C%7C842fd90c47d84e33066008d6dd1ac95c%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaa
>> aa%7C1%7C0%7C636939504452138306&amp;sdata=WAbB%2B%2BxMS03nV2I5SrVGfL2
>> vJBnV8EXY3LPJwcy39HM%3D&amp;reserved=0
>> https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwiki.gnucash.org%2Fwiki%2FMailing_Lists&amp;data=02%7C01%7C%7C842fd90c47d84e33066008d6dd1ac95c%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636939504452138306&amp;sdata=QkCCv%2FcQTBlkOYUWqHMXaCkbaN2KmcfeqHikzwvWV3Y%3D&amp;reserved=0 for more information.

> David Carlson

Re: [GNC] Scheduled Trans shows completed 5/8 but not in register?

David Carlson-4
For many years it has been my SOP to scroll through the SLR transaction
list, count the number of transactions that I expect to appear, change some
reminders to ToCreate, and set the Show created flag before triggering.

In the last 3 or 4 years I have never had one fail to appear.

David Carlson

On Mon, May 20, 2019, 8:18 AM Jack Lockard <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have found this same behavior. I either go on to entering a necessary
> manual transaction or closing and reopening the account and then the
> scheduled transaction shows up. For whatever reason, when a scheduled
> transaction is processed, the account register is not refreshed to have the
> transaction appear.
>
> Jack

The lack of auto-refresh I seem to recall is a known bug. Closing and re-opening the offending account should show the transaction however.

> On May 20, 2019, at 8:18 AM, Jack Lockard <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I have found this same behavior. I either go on to entering a necessary manual transaction or closing and reopening the account and then the scheduled transaction shows up. For whatever reason, when a scheduled transaction is processed, the account register is not refreshed to have the transaction appear.
>
> Jack

Re: [GNC] Scheduled Trans shows completed 5/8 but not in register?

Jack Slater
At this point, after reopening accounts a few times with no result, I have
entered the transaction manually. We'll see how things go I guess.  I'd say
its certainly a bug.

On Mon, May 20, 2019 at 12:45 PM Adrien Monteleone <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> The lack of auto-refresh I seem to recall is a known bug. Closing and
> re-opening the offending account should show the transaction however.
>
> Regards,
> Adrien
>
> > On May 20, 2019, at 8:18 AM, Jack Lockard <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > I have found this same behavior. I either go on to entering a necessary
> manual transaction or closing and reopening the account and then the
> scheduled transaction shows up. For whatever reason, when a scheduled
> transaction is processed, the account register is not refreshed to have the
> transaction appear.
> >
> > Jack

123