[GNC] Saving visible Accounts columns between GnuCash runs

[GNC] Saving visible Accounts columns between GnuCash runs

James Walker
Hello all,

I'm very new to GnuCash and enjoying the program so far.

I've got a particular issue which I can't find a solution to after extensive searching of the manual.

In the chart of accounts, I want many more columns to be visible than are displayed by default:

[cid:image001.jpg@01D4DE4E.997CB810]

[cid:image002.png@01D4DE4E.997CB810]

However, after I exit the program, my customised field arrangement is lost. How do you get the order and display settings of Accounts columns to persist on save?

No matter what I select from the dropdown, all the non-default fields are lost after closing and restarting GnuCash. I can't see any other method in the interface to save the Accounts view configuration.

This is quite frustrating having to spend a minute each time I start GnuCash, setting up the chart of accounts screen again...

Kind regards,
James Walker

[cid:image004.jpg@01D4DE4E.997CB810]<https://www.heron-web.com/>James Walker, Director
[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>

Heron Web
07475931048<tel:07475931048>
www.heron-web.com<https://www.heron-web.com/>
3 Farm Lane, Crawley, Oxfordshire, OX29 9TL

image001.jpg (16K) Download Attachment
image002.png (22K) Download Attachment
image003.png (9K) Download Attachment
image004.jpg (2K) Download Attachment

Re: [GNC] Saving visible Accounts columns between GnuCash runs

Geert Janssens-4
Hi James,

This should be saved automatically, so either you have an uncommon setup or
there is a bug in the code.

You didn't mention the version of gnucash nor your operating system.

Also can you post the contents of the gnucash trace file [1] for the two
gnucash runs:
* run gnucash, set the columns to your liking, quit gnucash an copy the trace
file
* run gnucash, observe the column settings are reset, quit gnucash and copy
the trace file.

[1] http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Tracefile

Op dinsdag 19 maart 2019 13:23:48 CET schreef James Walker:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm very new to GnuCash and enjoying the program so far.
>
> I've got a particular issue which I can't find a solution to after extensive
> searching of the manual.
>
> In the chart of accounts, I want many more columns to be visible than are
> displayed by default:
>
> [cid:image001.jpg@01D4DE4E.997CB810]
>

> [cid:image002.png@01D4DE4E.997CB810]
>
> However, after I exit the program, my customised field arrangement is lost.
> How do you get the order and display settings of Accounts columns to
> persist on save?
>
> No matter what I select from the dropdown, all the non-default fields are
> lost after closing and restarting GnuCash. I can't see any other method in
> the interface to save the Accounts view configuration.
>
> This is quite frustrating having to spend a minute each time I start
> GnuCash, setting up the chart of accounts screen again...
>
> Kind regards,
> James Walker
>

> [cid:image004.jpg@01D4DE4E.997CB810]<https://www.heron-web.com/>James
> Walker, Director [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>
>
> Heron Web
> 07475931048<tel:07475931048>
> www.heron-web.com<https://www.heron-web.com/>
> 3 Farm Lane, Crawley, Oxfordshire, OX29 9TL

Re: [GNC] Saving visible Accounts columns between GnuCash runs

Geert Janssens-4
Hi James,

I'm happy it's working again, though please remember to reply to the list
instead of me personally. That way others are also informed of the status.