[GNC] Reports in whole currency units

Richard Gaede
Hi,

I have explored every avenue I could see to get reports to use whole
dollar amounts rather than dollars and cents. Is there some way I have
missed to configure reports to display whole dollars only?

Any input welcomed.

Thanks & regards

--

Richard Gaede

Re: [GNC] Reports in whole currency units

Adrien Monteleone-2
Other than entering your transactions in whole dollars, no.

An option would be to export or copy/paste to a spreadsheet and format those cells to truncate or round the amounts. There you can also show amounts as multiples of any value you like, for example, reporting in K’s or M’s of dollars.

> On Jan 17, 2019, at 6:39 PM, Richard Gaede <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I have explored every avenue I could see to get reports to use whole dollar amounts rather than dollars and cents. Is there some way I have missed to configure reports to display whole dollars only?
>
> Any input welcomed.
>
> Thanks & regards
>
> --
>
> Richard Gaede

Re: [GNC] Reports in whole currency units

Richard Gaede-2
Thanks Adrien. I have been the export/spreadsheet route before. Reports
get exported as .html files which read into Excel OK except that the
column widths are all over the place and its far more time consuming to
format them satisfactorily than to surrender and accept 2 decimal place
reports.

Thanks & regards

Richard

On 18/01/2019 12:24, Adrien Monteleone wrote:

> Other than entering your transactions in whole dollars, no.
>
> An option would be to export or copy/paste to a spreadsheet and format those cells to truncate or round the amounts. There you can also show amounts as multiples of any value you like, for example, reporting in K’s or M’s of dollars.
>
> Regards,
> Adrien
>
>> On Jan 17, 2019, at 6:39 PM, Richard Gaede <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have explored every avenue I could see to get reports to use whole dollar amounts rather than dollars and cents. Is there some way I have missed to configure reports to display whole dollars only?
>>
>> Any input welcomed.
>>
>> Thanks & regards
>>
>> --
>>
>> Richard Gaede

Richard Gaede

Trustee

Re: [GNC] Reports in whole currency units

Adrien Monteleone-2
Richard,

You can also select-all and copy/paste from the report without exporting first, that *should* get you some sane column widths.

I don’t use Excel, but I know this works rather well in LibreOffice. Others on here may have some better experience with Excel. (note, as with LibreOffice, Excel might have multiple ways to bring in data. Other than just trying to open an HTML file, see if there is an ‘insert sheet from file’ or similar option)

> On Jan 18, 2019, at 5:03 PM, Richard Gaede <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thanks Adrien. I have been the export/spreadsheet route before. Reports get exported as .html files which read into Excel OK except that the column widths are all over the place and its far more time consuming to format them satisfactorily than to surrender and accept 2 decimal place reports.
>
> Thanks & regards
>
> Richard
>
> On 18/01/2019 12:24, Adrien Monteleone wrote:
>> Other than entering your transactions in whole dollars, no.
>>
>> An option would be to export or copy/paste to a spreadsheet and format those cells to truncate or round the amounts. There you can also show amounts as multiples of any value you like, for example, reporting in K’s or M’s of dollars.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Adrien
>>

>>> On Jan 17, 2019, at 6:39 PM, Richard Gaede <[hidden email]>
>>>  wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have explored every avenue I could see to get reports to use whole dollar amounts rather than dollars and cents. Is there some way I have missed to configure reports to display whole dollars only?
>>>
>>> Any input welcomed.
>>>
>>> Thanks & regards
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> Richard Gaede

Re: [GNC] Reports in whole currency units

Richard Gaede
Thanks Adrien.

My real wish is to simply print my report without the extra step. My
question comes because I can see how to print with decimal places 1 to
however many. Before I think about submitting a request for modification
I throw out the question to anyone with better knowledge than mine of
GNU Cash(very low bar) is there any technical reason why reports can go
to 1 decimal place but not to no decimal places.

Out of curiosity I will explore your other Excel ideas and try html file
in Libre Office which I also have. (Mainly use Excel for compatibility
with accountants and through that have done intensive skills development
over time.

Thanks & regards

Richard

Richard Gaede