[GNC] Report Grouping by Account Level

T&M Strain
Hi,
First time using the GnuCash email lists.
I'm trying to have and income/expense report grouped or displayed in a
different way than what is given and I'm not sure it is possible. For
example, I want to show fuel purchased by vehicle in a transaction report.

In my accounts, I have:
- Expenses:Auto:Car1:Fuel and
- Expenses:Auto:Car2:Fuel.

When choosing the Accounts from the Options in a Transaction report, I have
to pick on Fuel for both vehicles, and the report returns "FUEL" split out,
but not labeled as Car 1 and Car 2 - i.e. I get two Fuel totals, but I
can't immediately tell what is Car 1 and what is Car 2.

Is there a way to include the "one-up" level split in the transaction
report? So I would see Car 1 Fuel and then Car 2 Fuel?

Thanks,
--MGS

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

Re: [GNC] Report Grouping by Account Level

Stephen M. Butler
On 1/21/19 7:14 AM, T&M Strain wrote:

> Hi,
> First time using the GnuCash email lists.
> I'm trying to have and income/expense report grouped or displayed in a
> different way than what is given and I'm not sure it is possible. For
> example, I want to show fuel purchased by vehicle in a transaction report.
>
> In my accounts, I have:
> - Expenses:Auto:Car1:Fuel and
> - Expenses:Auto:Car2:Fuel.
>
> When choosing the Accounts from the Options in a Transaction report, I have
> to pick on Fuel for both vehicles, and the report returns "FUEL" split out,
> but not labeled as Car 1 and Car 2 - i.e. I get two Fuel totals, but I
> can't immediately tell what is Car 1 and what is Car 2.
>
> Is there a way to include the "one-up" level split in the transaction
> report? So I would see Car 1 Fuel and then Car 2 Fuel?
>
> Thanks,
> --MGS

Not just the 1-up.  But, in the Display tab of the Options screen,
select "Use Full Account Name".  It will list it as you show above.

--
Stephen M Butler, PMP, PSM
253-350-0166