[GNC] Reconcile Problem

This is my first post so hopefully I am doing things correctly.

I have been appointed as Treasurer to a Club and have been handed the
accounts from the previous treasurer who used Gnucash.

The problem I am having is how can I see the previous reconciled
transactions, I have looked in the preference settings but can't find any
tick box that would allow me to do this.

Any help much appreciated.

Re: [GNC] Reconcile Problem

Derek Atkins-3
Hi,
I'm not sure I understand your issue here.
Gnucash will show you all your transactions, reconciled or not, unless you
View - > Filter to turn it off.

Perhaps your data file does not have earlier transactions?

-derek
Sent using my mobile device. Please excuse any typos.
On June 7, 2018 9:51:51 AM Gareth Davies via gnucash-user
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> This is my first post so hopefully I am doing things correctly.
>

> I have been appointed as Treasurer to a Club and have been handed the
> accounts from the previous treasurer who used Gnucash.
>

> The problem I am having is how can I see the previous reconciled
> transactions, I have looked in the preference settings but can't find any
> tick box that would allow me to do this.
>

> Any help much appreciated.

Re: [GNC] Reconcile Problem

Ronal B Morse-2
Hi Gareth.  Welcome to the list.

With the account register open, click on the "view" item in the menu
bar, then in the dialog that opens click on "filter by". Then click on
"status" in that menu bar which opens a selection dialog. Clear the
checks from all but "Reconciled". Then click on OK.

Putting a check in the "save filter" box will make the selection
persistent from session to session, otherwise the filter will revert to
the default (all categories selected) the next time you open the account
register.

You'll have to set the filter for each account register individually.

Ron Morse.

On 06/07/2018 01:50 AM, Gareth Davies via gnucash-user wrote:

> Hi,
>

> This is my first post so hopefully I am doing things correctly.
>

> I have been appointed as Treasurer to a Club and have been handed the
> accounts from the previous treasurer who used Gnucash.
>

> The problem I am having is how can I see the previous reconciled
> transactions, I have looked in the preference settings but can't find any
> tick box that would allow me to do this.
>

> Any help much appreciated.

Re: [GNC] Reconcile Problem

GnuCash - User mailing list
Hi Ron, and thank you for the welcome.

Thanks to the messages I received from you and Derek I was able to find out where my problem was.

As I mentioned in my post I am still trying to get my head around the program, and no doubt this will not be the last of my posts.

Gareth