[GNC] Rebuild of Gnucash 3.1-1 on Arch fails

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[GNC] Rebuild of Gnucash 3.1-1 on Arch fails

Richard Ullger-2
Hi,

I'm trying to rebuild gnucash 3.1-1, downloaded from Sourcefourge,
following the boost update in Arch, but fails with the error below.

I had 3.1 build with no problems previously. Trying to rebuild 3.1 fails
with the same error.

I've managed to temporarily build without the python integration.

The build is in a clean chroot.

Can anyone offer any tips on where to look for a solution? It seems the
offending file is automatically generated by swig.

Many thanks.

Richard.

[ 30%] Built target scm-test-core
Scanning dependencies of target unittest_support
[ 30%] Building C object
common/test-core/CMakeFiles/unittest_support.dir/swig-unittest-support-python.c.o
/build/gnucash/src/gnucash-3.1/common/test-core/swig-unittest-support-python.c:
In function ‘SWIG_Python_FixMethods’:
/build/gnucash/src/gnucash-3.1/common/test-core/swig-unittest-support-python.c:4490:15:
error: ‘strncpy’ output truncated before terminating nul copying 10
bytes from a string of the same length [-Werror=stringop-truncation]
               strncpy(buff, "swig_ptr: ", 10);
               ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
cc1: all warnings being treated as errors
make[2]: ***
[common/test-core/CMakeFiles/unittest_support.dir/build.make:63:
common/test-core/CMakeFiles/unittest_support.dir/swig-unittest-support-python.c.o]
Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:1738:
common/test-core/CMakeFiles/unittest_support.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:163: all] Error 2
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in build().
    Aborting...
==> ERROR: Build failed, check /home/richard/chroot/richard/build



_______________________________________________
gnucash-user mailing list
[hidden email]
To update your subscription preferences or to unsubscribe:
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
If you are using Nabble or Gmane, please see https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Mailing_Lists for more information.
-----
Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.

signature.asc (499 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [GNC] Rebuild of Gnucash 3.1-1 on Arch fails

Christopher Lam
Fixed in source
https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash/commit/1f3cf845c4588e787f9b26ad06b05d7cd73326b7

On 9 June 2018 at 23:51, Richard Ullger <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to rebuild gnucash 3.1-1, downloaded from Sourcefourge,
> following the boost update in Arch, but fails with the error below.
>
> I had 3.1 build with no problems previously. Trying to rebuild 3.1 fails
> with the same error.
>
> I've managed to temporarily build without the python integration.
>
> The build is in a clean chroot.
>
> Can anyone offer any tips on where to look for a solution? It seems the
> offending file is automatically generated by swig.
>
> Many thanks.
>
> Richard.
>
> [ 30%] Built target scm-test-core
> Scanning dependencies of target unittest_support
> [ 30%] Building C object
> common/test-core/CMakeFiles/unittest_support.dir/swig-
> unittest-support-python.c.o
> /build/gnucash/src/gnucash-3.1/common/test-core/swig-
> unittest-support-python.c:
> In function ‘SWIG_Python_FixMethods’:
> /build/gnucash/src/gnucash-3.1/common/test-core/swig-
> unittest-support-python.c:4490:15:
> error: ‘strncpy’ output truncated before terminating nul copying 10
> bytes from a string of the same length [-Werror=stringop-truncation]
>                strncpy(buff, "swig_ptr: ", 10);
>                ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> cc1: all warnings being treated as errors
> make[2]: ***
> [common/test-core/CMakeFiles/unittest_support.dir/build.make:63:
> common/test-core/CMakeFiles/unittest_support.dir/swig-
> unittest-support-python.c.o]
> Error 1
> make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:1738:
> common/test-core/CMakeFiles/unittest_support.dir/all] Error 2
> make: *** [Makefile:163: all] Error 2
> ==> ERROR: A failure occurred in build().
>     Aborting...
> ==> ERROR: Build failed, check /home/richard/chroot/richard/build
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> gnucash-user mailing list
> [hidden email]
> To update your subscription preferences or to unsubscribe:
> https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
> If you are using Nabble or Gmane, please see
> https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Mailing_Lists for more information.
> -----
> Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
> You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.
>
_______________________________________________
gnucash-user mailing list
[hidden email]
To update your subscription preferences or to unsubscribe:
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
If you are using Nabble or Gmane, please see https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Mailing_Lists for more information.
-----
Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [GNC] Rebuild of Gnucash 3.1-1 on Arch fails

Richard Ullger-2
On 09/06/18 17:00, Christopher Lam wrote:
> Fixed in source
> https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash/commit/1f3cf845c4588e787f9b26ad06b05d7cd73326b7

Thanks Christopher.

Did I read there was a 3.2 being released soon?



_______________________________________________
gnucash-user mailing list
[hidden email]
To update your subscription preferences or to unsubscribe:
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
If you are using Nabble or Gmane, please see https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Mailing_Lists for more information.
-----
Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.

signature.asc (499 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [GNC] Rebuild of Gnucash 3.1-1 on Arch fails

John Ralls-2


> On 9. Jun 2018, at 09:42, Richard Ullger <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On 09/06/18 17:00, Christopher Lam wrote:
>> Fixed in source
>> https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash/commit/1f3cf845c4588e787f9b26ad06b05d7cd73326b7
>
> Thanks Christopher.
>
> Did I read there was a 3.2 being released soon?

https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Release_Schedule

However I'm away a good chunk of that weekend so it may slip to the 25th.

That said, you're building from source so there's no reason you can't use a git clone.

Regards,
John Ralls

_______________________________________________
gnucash-user mailing list
[hidden email]
To update your subscription preferences or to unsubscribe:
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
If you are using Nabble or Gmane, please see https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Mailing_Lists for more information.
-----
Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [GNC] Rebuild of Gnucash 3.1-1 on Arch fails

Richard Ullger-2

> https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Release_Schedule
>
> However I'm away a good chunk of that weekend so it may slip to the 25th.
>
> That said, you're building from source so there's no reason you can't use a git clone.

Thanks John.

Built successfully from latest git.

Regards,

Richard.



_______________________________________________
gnucash-user mailing list
[hidden email]
To update your subscription preferences or to unsubscribe:
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
If you are using Nabble or Gmane, please see https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Mailing_Lists for more information.
-----
Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.

signature.asc (499 bytes) Download Attachment