[GNC] Re Reconciling a Transaction

I have to change about 6 reconciled transactions, but I receive a warning
every time I do it and the Y in the reconcile column changes to an N when I
complete it.

Is there any way I can re-reconcile the transactions I have edited.

Cheers,

Gareth

Ver 3.2  Windows 10

Re: [GNC] Re Reconciling a Transaction

Philip Burg
Wait until the next reconciliation is due and it will be included with it. Works for me.
Phil Burg

Re: [GNC] Re Reconciling a Transaction

Gareth,

Just rerun the reconciliation dialogue for the periods covering when the transactions were changed and forward from
there as required.

David

On Mon, 2018-12-17 at 20:50 +0000, Gareth Davies via gnucash-user wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I have to change about 6 reconciled transactions, but I receive a warning
> every time I do it and the Y in the reconcile column changes to an N when I
> complete it.
>

> Is there any way I can re-reconcile the transactions I have edited.
>

> Cheers,
>
> Gareth
>

> Ver 3.2  Windows 10

Re: [GNC] Re Reconciling a Transaction

Phil

> Wait until the next reconciliation is due and it will be included with it. Works for me.

While that resets the reconciliation flag, it may not necessarily ensure that past reconciliations are correctly
reconciled forward from the editied transactions were altered in cases where the edit involved changing amount details
in the splits affecting the reconciled account. If the changes were simply to description and memo fields or only to
amounts in splits to unreconciled accounts, then what you suggest will work. Redoing the procedure from the period
covering the edit forward ensures that this is the case.

Re: [GNC] Re Reconciling a Transaction

GnuCash - User mailing list
Hi Both,

As I needed to submit a report to the Committee next week, I couldn’t follow Phil's suggestion and wait until the next Bank Statement to arrive in a months time.
so I followed David's idea and it worked.

Thanks Guys for your help.
Gareth

David Cousens <[hidden email]> writes:

> Phil
>
>> Wait until the next reconciliation is due and it will be included
> with it. Works for me.
>
> While that resets the reconciliation flag, it may not necessarily
> ensure that past reconciliations are correctly
> reconciled forward from the editied transactions were altered in cases
> where the edit involved changing amount details
> in the splits affecting the reconciled account. If the changes were
> simply to description and memo fields or only to
> amounts in splits to unreconciled accounts, then what you suggest will
> work. Redoing the procedure from the period
> covering the edit forward ensures that this is the case.

If you change the amounts in the splits then even a current reconcile
will fail, too, so you're safe either way.