[GNC] Query

Thomas Rohde
Hi

I want to remove a portion from my books.

I have loaded my books fom 2015 to know but still have entries from before
going to 2010 which I want to “delete”

How can I do this ?

Regards

Re: [GNC] Query

GnuCash - User mailing list
Thomas,

There is no easy way to do this. If I were in your shoes, I'd start by upgrading to the latest version, 3.4. Then, I'd run a balance sheet report for today and print that. Next, I'd create a balance sheet as of 12/31/2014 and print that. Then I'd filter all my data to show only after 12/31/2014 and export the transactions as CSV. Then, I'd export the chart of accounts to a new (empty) file, where I would create opening balance transactions for every account (ugh!), using the balance sheet info I'd previously printed, dated 12/31/2014. Finally, I'd import the transactions from the CSV data. And then, I'd check my results against today's balance sheet report and hope like hell it all matched...

David

On March 31, 2019, at 8:25 PM, Thomas Rohde <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi

I want to remove a portion from my books.

I have loaded my books fom 2015 to know but still have entries from before
going to 2010 which I want to “delete”

How can I do this ?

Regards

Re: [GNC] Query

Colin Law
The obvious question is *why* do you want to do this?

Colin