[GNC] Problem reconciling after canceling

[GNC] Problem reconciling after canceling

Keith N. McKenna
After canceling the reconciliation of my checking account and restarting
it the reconcile window showed that I had already reconciled more than
the closing balance I entered from my statement. I then canceled the
reconciliation again and went into the account register and and reset
all entries that had a c in the reconcile field back to n and tried the
reconciliation again. The reconciliation window still shows I have
reconciled a dollar amount instead of 0.

Is there a way I can convince gnucash that nothing for the month has
been reconciled?

Regards
Keith N. McKenna

Re: [GNC] Problem reconciling after canceling

Adrien Monteleone-2
Double check you don’t have an open reconciliation window hiding in the background.

> On Mar 9, 2019, at 3:22 PM, Keith N. McKenna <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> After canceling the reconciliation of my checking account and restarting
> it the reconcile window showed that I had already reconciled more than
> the closing balance I entered from my statement. I then canceled the
> reconciliation again and went into the account register and and reset
> all entries that had a c in the reconcile field back to n and tried the
> reconciliation again. The reconciliation window still shows I have
> reconciled a dollar amount instead of 0.
>
> Is there a way I can convince gnucash that nothing for the month has
> been reconciled?
>
> Regards
> Keith N. McKenna

Re: [GNC] Problem reconciling after canceling

Keith N. McKenna
At the time gnucash was the only application open and no other window
was there.
Keith

On 3/9/2019 7:28 PM, Adrien Monteleone wrote:

> Double check you don’t have an open reconciliation window hiding in the background.
>
> Regards,
> Adrien
>
>> On Mar 9, 2019, at 3:22 PM, Keith N. McKenna <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> After canceling the reconciliation of my checking account and restarting
>> it the reconcile window showed that I had already reconciled more than
>> the closing balance I entered from my statement. I then canceled the
>> reconciliation again and went into the account register and and reset
>> all entries that had a c in the reconcile field back to n and tried the
>> reconciliation again. The reconciliation window still shows I have
>> reconciled a dollar amount instead of 0.
>>
>> Is there a way I can convince gnucash that nothing for the month has
>> been reconciled?
>>
>> Regards
>> Keith N. McKenna

Re: [GNC] Problem reconciling after canceling

Colin Law
Is the starting balance correct when you restart the reconciliation?

Colin

On 3/10/2019 3:08 AM, Colin Law wrote:
> Is the starting balance correct when you restart the reconciliation?
>
> Colin
Yes the start balance was correct. Though on further reflection I may
have postponed the original and come back to it before I had to cancel it.

Regards
Keith