[GNC] Problem after upgrade from 2.6.14 to 3.x, bookings of an account are cut off

[GNC] Problem after upgrade from 2.6.14 to 3.x, bookings of an account are cut off

GnuCash - User mailing list
Hello,
does anyone have suggestions how to trace the fault further?
even if I launch gnucash with "gnucash --log "=debug" --log
"gnc.backend.dbi=debug" --log "qof=debug" --log "gnc=debug", I do not get
anything on STDOUT or STDERR..
but first of all the problem:
in the account/bookings view gnucash shows me only entries until a specific
date. all newer and newly created bookings are not being shown.
But there are bookings in the MySQL (respecitvely MariaDB) databases. I see
there all corresponding transactions and splits.
the corresponding bookings in the other accounts are shown.

I migrated to 3.x by exporting the book into xml, but in this file(s) the
contents are already missing.

I have a backup of the database (which worked fine until gnucash 2.6.14. But
if I open that database using gnucash 3.3 or 3.4 those data are not shown.

currently:
Version: 3.4
Build ID: 3.4+ (2018-12-30)
Finance::Quote: 1.47

using the command-line option --debug doesn't show any database related
information or exceptions.

Thank you

Paul Neuwirth

Re: [GNC] Problem after upgrade from 2.6.14 to 3.x, bookings of an account are cut off

John Ralls-2

Logs are by default written to https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Tracefile. Use --logto=foo to change that; stdout and stderr are special values of foo that do what you'd expect, otherwise foo is expected to be a file path.

> but first of all the problem:
> in the account/bookings view gnucash shows me only entries until a specific
> date. all newer and newly created bookings are not being shown.
> But there are bookings in the MySQL (respecitvely MariaDB) databases. I see
> there all corresponding transactions and splits.
> the corresponding bookings in the other accounts are shown.
>
> I migrated to 3.x by exporting the book into xml, but in this file(s) the
> contents are already missing.
>
> I have a backup of the database (which worked fine until gnucash 2.6.14. But
> if I open that database using gnucash 3.3 or 3.4 those data are not shown.
>
> currently:
> Version: 3.4
> Build ID: 3.4+ (2018-12-30)
> Finance::Quote: 1.47
>
> using the command-line option --debug doesn't show any database related
> information or exceptions.

As a first guess you have a filter set. Select View>Filter By... and make sure that "Show All" is selected on the date tab.

Re: [GNC] Problem after upgrade from 2.6.14 to 3.x, bookings of an account are cut off

GnuCash - User mailing list
>> Hello,
>> does anyone have suggestions how to trace the fault further?
>> even if I launch gnucash with "gnucash --log "=debug" --log
>> "gnc.backend.dbi=debug" --log "qof=debug" --log "gnc=debug", I do not get
>> anything on STDOUT or STDERR..
>
> Logs are by default written to https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Tracefile. Use --logto=foo to change that; stdout and stderr are special values of foo that do what you'd expect, otherwise foo is expected to be a file path.

I just figured that out..

>> but first of all the problem:
>> in the account/bookings view gnucash shows me only entries until a specific
>> date. all newer and newly created bookings are not being shown.
>> But there are bookings in the MySQL (respecitvely MariaDB) databases. I see
>> there all corresponding transactions and splits.
>> the corresponding bookings in the other accounts are shown.
>>
>> I migrated to 3.x by exporting the book into xml, but in this file(s) the
>> contents are already missing.
>>
>> I have a backup of the database (which worked fine until gnucash 2.6.14. But
>> if I open that database using gnucash 3.3 or 3.4 those data are not shown.
>>
>> currently:
>> Version: 3.4
>> Build ID: 3.4+ (2018-12-30)
>> Finance::Quote: 1.47
>>
>> using the command-line option --debug doesn't show any database related
>> information or exceptions.
>
> As a first guess you have a filter set. Select View>Filter By... and make sure that "Show All" is selected on the date tab.

In fact that was he cause... I already invested 2 days in the last month,
loooking for errors, trying to restore database backups...
Thank you very much... I didn't note that word "Filtered" on top right.

Regards,

Paul