[GNC] Price in Register Account report not decimal

[GNC] Price in Register Account report not decimal

Joe Normandeau
I'm just new to this mail list so if I get something wrong be gentle.

I've just upgraded to GnuCash 3.3 from 2.6.13 and I can't get the price
in the register account report to be decimal. It always comes out as 2
+  a fraction ie. 2 + 6227/6779. I must be missing a configuration
setting but I can't seem to get the right one. Can someone assist please?

I'm using the latest update of Windows 10.

JoeCanuck

---
https://www.avg.com

Re: [GNC] Price in Register Account report not decimal

Colin Law
On Sat, 10 Aug 2019 at 06:19, Joe Normandeau <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm just new to this mail list so if I get something wrong be gentle.
>
> I've just upgraded to GnuCash 3.3 from 2.6.13 and I can't get the price
> in the register account report to be decimal. It always comes out as 2
> +  a fraction ie. 2 + 6227/6779. I must be missing a configuration
> setting but I can't seem to get the right one. Can someone assist please?

I think that may have been a bug in 3.3.  Why are you not using the
latest available for Windows, which is 3.6 I think?
https://gnucash.org/download.phtml

Colin

On 10/08/2019 5:37 pm, Colin Law wrote:

> On Sat, 10 Aug 2019 at 06:19, Joe Normandeau <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I'm just new to this mail list so if I get something wrong be gentle.
>>
>> I've just upgraded to GnuCash 3.3 from 2.6.13 and I can't get the price
>> in the register account report to be decimal. It always comes out as 2
>> +  a fraction ie. 2 + 6227/6779. I must be missing a configuration
>> setting but I can't seem to get the right one. Can someone assist please?
> I think that may have been a bug in 3.3.  Why are you not using the
> latest available for Windows, which is 3.6 I think?
> https://gnucash.org/download.phtml
>
> Colin

Thanks for your comments Collin.

I've loaded 3.6 and the same thing happens.  Don't know where to go from
here as I need these reports for my auditor.

JoeCanuck

---
https://www.avg.com

Re: [GNC] Price in Register Account report not decimal

Adrien Monteleone-2
Preferences > General > Numbers > Force prices to display as numbers

> On Aug 10, 2019, at 4:09 AM, Joe Normandeau <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> On 10/08/2019 5:37 pm, Colin Law wrote:
>> On Sat, 10 Aug 2019 at 06:19, Joe Normandeau <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> I'm just new to this mail list so if I get something wrong be gentle.
>>>
>>> I've just upgraded to GnuCash 3.3 from 2.6.13 and I can't get the price
>>> in the register account report to be decimal. It always comes out as 2
>>> +  a fraction ie. 2 + 6227/6779. I must be missing a configuration
>>> setting but I can't seem to get the right one. Can someone assist please?
>> I think that may have been a bug in 3.3.  Why are you not using the
>> latest available for Windows, which is 3.6 I think?
>> https://gnucash.org/download.phtml
>>
>> Colin
>
> Thanks for your comments Collin.
>
> I've loaded 3.6 and the same thing happens.  Don't know where to go from here as I need these reports for my auditor.
>
> JoeCanuck

Re: [GNC] Price in Register Account report not decimal

Joe Normandeau
Apologies Adrien

I should have stated that flag is already turned on and I've cycled it
number of times and it makes no difference to the Register Account Report.

JoeCanuck

On 10/08/2019 11:58 pm, Adrien Monteleone wrote:

> Preferences > General > Numbers > Force prices to display as numbers
>
> Regards,
> Adrien
>
>> On Aug 10, 2019, at 4:09 AM, Joe Normandeau <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> I think that may have been a bug in 3.3.  Why are you not using the
>>> latest available for Windows, which is 3.6 I think?
>>> https://gnucash.org/download.phtml
>>>
>>> Colin
>> Thanks for your comments Collin.
>>
>> I've loaded 3.6 and the same thing happens.  Don't know where to go from here as I need these reports for my auditor.
>>
>> JoeCanuck

---

On Sun, 11 Aug 2019 at 07:00, Joe Normandeau <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Apologies Adrien
>
> I should have stated that flag is already turned on and I've cycled it
> number of times and it makes no difference to the Register Account Report.

Have you tried that again since you upgraded to 3.6?
Also are you sure it is definitely running 3.6?  Check in Help > About.

Colin

> JoeCanuck
>

> On 10/08/2019 11:58 pm, Adrien Monteleone wrote:
> > Preferences > General > Numbers > Force prices to display as numbers
> >
> > Regards,
> > Adrien

> >> Thanks for your comments Collin.
> >>
> >> I've loaded 3.6 and the same thing happens.  Don't know where to go from here as I need these reports for my auditor.
> >>
> >> JoeCanuck
> >

> ---
> https://www.avg.com

Re: [GNC] Price in Register Account report not decimal

Joe Normandeau-2
Colin

Yep

Build ID: 3.6 + (2019-06-29)

JoeCanuck

On 11/08/2019 5:36 pm, Colin Law wrote:

> On Sun, 11 Aug 2019 at 07:00, Joe Normandeau <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Apologies Adrien
>>
>> I should have stated that flag is already turned on and I've cycled it
>> number of times and it makes no difference to the Register Account Report.
> Have you tried that again since you upgraded to 3.6?
> Also are you sure it is definitely running 3.6?  Check in Help > About.
>
> Colin
>
>> JoeCanuck
>>

>> On 10/08/2019 11:58 pm, Adrien Monteleone wrote:
>>> Preferences > General > Numbers > Force prices to display as numbers
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Adrien

>> ---
>> https://www.avg.com

Re: [GNC] Price in Register Account report not decimal

John Ralls-2
That preference is for the GUI. I don't think that it has any affect on reports.

I can reproduce this, where a price for 5712 shares has a value of 85,505.78 and is represented as 14.9695 in the register but as 14 + 276889/285600 on the Account Report. I don't think that there's an immediate solution for that other than to paste the report into a spreadsheet and stick an '=' in front of the price to make it a formula.

> On Aug 11, 2019, at 3:24 AM, Joe Normandeau <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Colin
>
> Yep
>
> Build ID: 3.6 + (2019-06-29)
>
> JoeCanuck
>
> On 11/08/2019 5:36 pm, Colin Law wrote:
>> On Sun, 11 Aug 2019 at 07:00, Joe Normandeau <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Apologies Adrien
>>>
>>> I should have stated that flag is already turned on and I've cycled it
>>> number of times and it makes no difference to the Register Account Report.
>> Have you tried that again since you upgraded to 3.6?
>> Also are you sure it is definitely running 3.6?  Check in Help > About.
>>
>> Colin
>>
>>> JoeCanuck

>>> ---
>>> https://www.avg.com

Re: [GNC] Price in Register Account report not decimal

Joe Normandeau-2
Interestingly I opened the html report in Libreoffice Calc directly and
it had the decimal not the fraction.  Didn't even need to put the "=" in
front of it.  So thanks John for your suggestion. I'll use it as a work
around. Bit of formatting to do but minor issue.

Should this be reported as a bug or just leave it as is.?

JoeCanuck

On 12/08/2019 1:56 am, John Ralls wrote:

> That preference is for the GUI. I don't think that it has any affect on reports.
>
> I can reproduce this, where a price for 5712 shares has a value of 85,505.78 and is represented as 14.9695 in the register but as 14 + 276889/285600 on the Account Report. I don't think that there's an immediate solution for that other than to paste the report into a spreadsheet and stick an '=' in front of the price to make it a formula.

>> On Aug 11, 2019, at 3:24 AM, Joe Normandeau <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Colin
>>
>> Yep
>>
>> Build ID: 3.6 + (2019-06-29)
>>
>> JoeCanuck

>>> Have you tried that again since you upgraded to 3.6?
>>> Also are you sure it is definitely running 3.6?  Check in Help > About.
>>>
>>> Colin

Re: [GNC] Price in Register Account report not decimal

John Ralls-2
I don't see any open bugs about this so please file one.