[GNC] Postponing reconciliation-ending balance

[GNC] Postponing reconciliation-ending balance

Robert Ratliff
I have a question about reconciliation workflow. The situation is I click
reconcile, fill in the ending balance, and then in the reconciliation
dialog, I notice I need to enter another transaction in the account that I
missed.

I have been clicking "Postpone", which is nice because it marks things I
have checked off as "cleared". Then I can enter the missing transaction.

However if I click on "Reconcile" again, it doesn't remember the ending
balance that I had entered, so I need to re-enter that. Is there another
way to resume a postponed reconciliation that I am not aware of?

Regards,
Bobby
--
Bobby Ratliff
blog: https://www.rratliff.com

Re: [GNC] Postponing reconciliation-ending balance

Adrien Monteleone-2
You could just click away from the Reconciliation window, go back to GnuCash, enter your transaction, and then upon returning to the reconciliation, you can proceed. I’ve done this several times. That window gets updated in real time. This becomes apparent when you get to the end, have no reason for an imbalance, so need to let GnuCash create a balancing transaction so you can finish. That process takes you back to a register and then when you click back to the reconciliation window, it is there to check off, and conclude the reconciliation. Note that this will usually simply be a case of the main GnuCash window coming to the foreground. The reconciliation window is hiding behind it.

> On Jan 26, 2019, at 10:34 AM, Robert Ratliff <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I have a question about reconciliation workflow. The situation is I click
> reconcile, fill in the ending balance, and then in the reconciliation
> dialog, I notice I need to enter another transaction in the account that I
> missed.
>
> I have been clicking "Postpone", which is nice because it marks things I
> have checked off as "cleared". Then I can enter the missing transaction.
>
> However if I click on "Reconcile" again, it doesn't remember the ending
> balance that I had entered, so I need to re-enter that. Is there another
> way to resume a postponed reconciliation that I am not aware of?
>
> Regards,
> Bobby
> --
> Bobby Ratliff
> blog: https://www.rratliff.com
> twitter: @_bobbyratliff

Re: [GNC] Postponing reconciliation-ending balance

David Carlson-4
On Sat, Jan 26, 2019, 11:00 AM Adrien Monteleone <
[hidden email] wrote:

> You could just click away from the Reconciliation window, go back to
> GnuCash, enter your transaction, and then upon returning to the
> reconciliation, you can proceed. I’ve done this several times. That window
> gets updated in real time. This becomes apparent when you get to the end,
> have no reason for an imbalance, so need to let GnuCash create a balancing
> transaction so you can finish. That process takes you back to a register
> and then when you click back to the reconciliation window, it is there to
> check off, and conclude the reconciliation. Note that this will usually
> simply be a case of the main GnuCash window coming to the foreground. The
> reconciliation window is hiding behind it.
>
> Regards,
> Adrien
>
> > On Jan 26, 2019, at 10:34 AM, Robert Ratliff <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > I have a question about reconciliation workflow. The situation is I click
> > reconcile, fill in the ending balance, and then in the reconciliation
> > dialog, I notice I need to enter another transaction in the account that
> > missed.
> >
> > I have been clicking "Postpone", which is nice because it marks things I
> > have checked off as "cleared". Then I can enter the missing transaction.
> >
> > However if I click on "Reconcile" again, it doesn't remember the ending
> > balance that I had entered, so I need to re-enter that. Is there another
> > way to resume a postponed reconciliation that I am not aware of?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Bobby
> > --
> > Bobby Ratliff
> > blog: https://www.rratliff.com
> > twitter: @_bobbyratliff

Robert, as Adrian mentioned just move the reconciliation  window out of the
way and click in the register.even better, there are some icons at the top
of the reconciliation window to help.  For example, if you want to edit a
certain  transaction,  find it in the reconciliation window then click the
gear icon at the top left to go to that transaction in the register .

David C

> You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All

Re: [GNC] Postponing reconciliation-ending balance

Adrien Monteleone-2
You can also right-click a transaction in the reconciliation window and get those same functions.

> On Jan 26, 2019, at 6:19 PM, David Carlson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> Robert, as Adrian mentioned just move the reconciliation  window out of the way and click in the register.even better, there are some icons at the top of the reconciliation window to help.  For example, if you want to edit a certain  transaction,  find it in the reconciliation window then click the gear icon at the top left to go to that transaction in the register .
>
> David C

Re: [GNC] Postponing reconciliation-ending balance

Colin Law
On Sun, 27 Jan 2019 at 06:44, Adrien Monteleone
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> You can also right-click a transaction in the reconciliation window and get those same functions.

Also double click the transaction in the reconcile window takes you to
it in the register (or at least it does on Ubuntu).

Colin