[GNC] Postgresql backend setup

GnuCash - User mailing list
Greetings,

Trying to set up a brand new set of accounts to use postgresql as the
backend.

Following the new file instructions in the tutorial, when I use SaveAs,
my only option in the dropdown box is 'xml'.

What do I need to do to have gnucash add a postresql option to this
dropdown?

Are there any permissions/initial setup instructions for use with
gnucash? I have set up a superuser for my login username. Per the
postgresql setup instructions, access to the data directory for
databases is limited to owner/group postgres, but I was able to create a
test database using my login username.

My apologies if this topic has been covered ad nauseum previously. I
have not figured out yet how to search for a particular topic on the
mailing list

Steve

Re: [GNC] Postgresql backend setup

Colin Law
Which version of GC are you using and on what operating system. How
did you install gnucash?  It is possible the build you used does not
include Postgresql.

Colin

On Thu, 1 Aug 2019 at 13:46, Steve Riley via gnucash-user
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> Trying to set up a brand new set of accounts to use postgresql as the
> backend.
>
> Following the new file instructions in the tutorial, when I use SaveAs,
> my only option in the dropdown box is 'xml'.
>
> What do I need to do to have gnucash add a postresql option to this
> dropdown?
>
> Are there any permissions/initial setup instructions for use with
> gnucash? I have set up a superuser for my login username. Per the
> postgresql setup instructions, access to the data directory for
> databases is limited to owner/group postgres, but I was able to create a
> test database using my login username.
>
> My apologies if this topic has been covered ad nauseum previously. I
> have not figured out yet how to search for a particular topic on the
> mailing list
>
> Steve

Re: [GNC] Postgresql backend setup

GnuCash - User mailing list
I am using Manjaro Linux as an operating system.

I installed gnucash 3.5-1 using either pacman or Octopi (did it a while ago)

I used the default build, it may have been a binary.

I will investigate the possibility that the the build did not include
Postgresql by default. I just assumed this all came built in

Thanks

On 8/1/19 6:00 AM, Colin Law wrote:

> Which version of GC are you using and on what operating system. How
> did you install gnucash?  It is possible the build you used does not
> include Postgresql.
>
> Colin
>
> On Thu, 1 Aug 2019 at 13:46, Steve Riley via gnucash-user
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Greetings,
>>
>> Trying to set up a brand new set of accounts to use postgresql as the
>> backend.
>>
>> Following the new file instructions in the tutorial, when I use SaveAs,
>> my only option in the dropdown box is 'xml'.
>>
>> What do I need to do to have gnucash add a postresql option to this
>> dropdown?
>>
>> Are there any permissions/initial setup instructions for use with
>> gnucash? I have set up a superuser for my login username. Per the
>> postgresql setup instructions, access to the data directory for
>> databases is limited to owner/group postgres, but I was able to create a
>> test database using my login username.
>>
>> My apologies if this topic has been covered ad nauseum previously. I
>> have not figured out yet how to search for a particular topic on the
>> mailing list
>>
>> Steve

Re: [GNC] Postgresql backend setup

Derek Atkins-3
Steve Riley via gnucash-user <[hidden email]> writes:

> I am using Manjaro Linux as an operating system.
>
> I installed gnucash 3.5-1 using either pacman or Octopi (did it a while ago)
>
> I used the default build, it may have been a binary.
>
> I will investigate the possibility that the the build did not include
> Postgresql by default. I just assumed this all came built in

Make sure you have the PG libdbi-dbd installed.

> Thanks

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745