[GNC] Optional Fade Mode for Reconciled Transactions

[GNC] Optional Fade Mode for Reconciled Transactions

Stephanie McLean
Hi!

I've been using GnuCash since January 2019, and I am slowly familiarizing
myself with all the ins and outs. However, I have thus far been unable to
determine if there is a way to make reconciled transactions fade so that
non-reconciled transactions are easier to see/find.

Is such a feature available? If not, what would I need to do in order to
get it implemented?

Thanks for the help!

~Stephanie McLean

Re: [GNC] Optional Fade Mode for Reconciled Transactions

Adrien Monteleone-2
Stephanie,

There isn’t an option for faded or greyed out, but you can filter any register view to show only non-reconciled transactions. Check View > Filter by... > Status. There are many more options available than just reconciliation status.

The filter is sticky so there is an indicator in the top right of the register to remind you the filter is active because it is easy to forget and then later wonder where some of your transactions went to.

> On Apr 4, 2019, at 1:25 PM, Stephanie McLean <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi!
>
> I've been using GnuCash since January 2019, and I am slowly familiarizing
> myself with all the ins and outs. However, I have thus far been unable to
> determine if there is a way to make reconciled transactions fade so that
> non-reconciled transactions are easier to see/find.
>
> Is such a feature available? If not, what would I need to do in order to
> get it implemented?
>
> Thanks for the help!
>
> ~Stephanie McLean

Re: [GNC] Optional Fade Mode for Reconciled Transactions

Stephanie McLean
Adrien,

Thank you for your swift reply. The filter view works great. However, I did
not notice the indicator in the top right that you mentioned. I'm used to
Quicken and would prefer a greyed out/faded option, but I guess I'll
continue playing around with the filters to see if I can get used to it.

Thanks again!

Stephanie

> There isn’t an option for faded or greyed out, but you can filter any
> register view to show only non-reconciled transactions. Check View > Filter
> by... > Status. There are many more options available than just
> reconciliation status.
>
> The filter is sticky so there is an indicator in the top right of the
> register to remind you the filter is active because it is easy to forget
> and then later wonder where some of your transactions went to.
>
> Regards,
> Adrien
>
> > On Apr 4, 2019, at 1:25 PM, Stephanie McLean <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi!
> >
> > I've been using GnuCash since January 2019, and I am slowly familiarizing
> > myself with all the ins and outs. However, I have thus far been unable to
> > determine if there is a way to make reconciled transactions fade so that
> > non-reconciled transactions are easier to see/find.
> >
> > Is such a feature available? If not, what would I need to do in order to
> > get it implemented?
> >
> > Thanks for the help!
> >
> > ~Stephanie McLean

Re: [GNC] Optional Fade Mode for Reconciled Transactions

Adrien Monteleone-2
Look in the header bar of the register that is filtered. Is says “Filtered” all the way to the right of that bar.

Certainly, you could file an RFE (Request For Enhancement) on Bugzilla, though it may not be implemented any time soon. If one of the devs finds a way to set a css hook for different transaction status levels, you could use a custom css file to grey them out as desired.