[GNC] Online quotes for funds

Emisbod
Sorry to be a bore, but having cracked the stock quotes problem, I'm now
having trouble with funds. I suspect the problem lies in the display
box. Stocks are easy xyz.L or whatever, but how do I find out what funds
should be?

I tried putting the ISIN number in but that doesn't work. Can someone
point me to a source to find out the equivalent of a ticker for a fund?

--

Cheerio,

Graham

---

Re: [GNC] Online quotes for funds

Fred Bone
On 9 June 2018 at 17:37, Graham Balin said:

> Sorry to be a bore, but having cracked the stock quotes problem, I'm now
> having trouble with funds. I suspect the problem lies in the display box.
> Stocks are easy xyz.L or whatever, but how do I find out what funds should
> be?
>
> I tried putting the ISIN number in but that doesn't work. Can someone
> point me to a source to find out the equivalent of a ticker for a fund?

Many funds are not listed in quote sources, or not with any regularity.

I just got data for one from Alphavantage: symbol=GB00BJ04HW53.L (which
is Invesco Perpetual Income Y Accumulator). However, the "last refreshed"
date is 27 April, making it of doubtful use (and a lot of dates show
zeros, suggesting Alphavantage didn't get values on those dates).

<https://www.alphavantage.co/query?function=TIME_SERIES_DAILY&symbol=GB00BJ04HW53.L&apikey=>

Re: [GNC] Online quotes for funds

Richard Ullger-2
Hi Graham,

> Sorry to be a bore, but having cracked the stock quotes problem, I'm now
> having trouble with funds. I suspect the problem lies in the display
> box. Stocks are easy xyz.L or whatever, but how do I find out what funds
> should be?
>
> I tried putting the ISIN number in but that doesn't work. Can someone
> point me to a source to find out the equivalent of a ticker for a fund?

Assuming you're in the UK going by the .L you're using, Morningstar, GB
works for me using just the ISIN code.

Regards,

Richard.

On 10/06/2018 22:07, Richard Ullger wrote:
> Assuming you're in the UK going by the .L you're using, Morningstar, GB
> works for me using just the ISIN code.
>
> Regards,
>
> Richard.

Thanks Richard. Do you enter the account as a fund or a stock? I have
tried both; I've tried online quotes -'single' morningstar gb and
'multiple - Funds UK etc' but neither seem to do the trick. Keeps coming
up as 'unable to retrieve quote'

Cheerio,

Graham

---

Re: [GNC] Online quotes for funds

Richard Ullger-2
Ok, I'll check it out.

On 13/06/18 16:19, Graham Balin wrote:
> Thanks Richard. Do you enter the account as a fund or a stock? I have
> tried both; I've tried online quotes -'single' morningstar gb and
> 'multiple - Funds UK etc' but neither seem to do the trick. Keeps coming
> up as 'unable to retrieve quote'

The account is set up as type 'Mutual Fund' but that shouldn't affect
the quote source.

The quote source in the security editor is set up as Single:
Morningstar, GB.

You can try searching on http://www.morningstar.co.uk.

Regards,

Richard.