[GNC] New User, First Invoice...Cue Weird Music!

[GNC] New User, First Invoice...Cue Weird Music!

GnuCash - User mailing list
I'm a brand-new GnuCash user and I set up a chart of accounts and used
it to draw up an invoice for my first customer. All good so far. Then, a
couple of days later, when I went to check something...the first (and
biggest) line item had completely disappeared from the invoice in
Gnucash; the total for the invoice had dropped from $672 to $223
although the reminder said that Accounts Receivable was still expecting
$672. Well, I went in to edit the invoice to restore the first line
item...and now it can't seem to do math. 1381.43 feet of movie film
scanning at thirty cents a foot comes out to $414.43, as was correctly
shown on the original invoice and as anyone can confirm with a
calculator...yet Gnucash now says that the total for that line item is
$382.84! I've tried deleting it and re-entering it a couple of times,
and it still can't do math. I've double-checked to make sure that no
hidden discounts are being applied. See attached screenshot of the
current Gnucash entry superimposed over the original (PDF) Gnucash invoice.

The lady has paid me (from the original invoice), by the way, and I'd
like to register her payment correctly. This is very frustrating and I
would appreciate guidance. Thanks!

--

--------Eric H. Bowen
[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>

Capture.GnuCash.20180613.PNG (166K) Download Attachment
smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: [GNC] New User, First Invoice...Cue Weird Music!

Christopher Lam
Isn't the second X in the first line a mistake? Click to disable (stands
for "tax included in amount")

On 13 June 2018 at 21:35, Eric H. Bowen via gnucash-user <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm a brand-new GnuCash user and I set up a chart of accounts and used
> it to draw up an invoice for my first customer. All good so far. Then, a
> couple of days later, when I went to check something...the first (and
> biggest) line item had completely disappeared from the invoice in
> Gnucash; the total for the invoice had dropped from $672 to $223
> although the reminder said that Accounts Receivable was still expecting
> $672. Well, I went in to edit the invoice to restore the first line
> item...and now it can't seem to do math. 1381.43 feet of movie film
> scanning at thirty cents a foot comes out to $414.43, as was correctly
> shown on the original invoice and as anyone can confirm with a
> calculator...yet Gnucash now says that the total for that line item is
> $382.84! I've tried deleting it and re-entering it a couple of times,
> and it still can't do math. I've double-checked to make sure that no
> hidden discounts are being applied. See attached screenshot of the
> current Gnucash entry superimposed over the original (PDF) Gnucash invoice.
>
> The lady has paid me (from the original invoice), by the way, and I'd
> like to register her payment correctly. This is very frustrating and I
> would appreciate guidance. Thanks!
>
> --
>
> --------Eric H. Bowen

Re: [GNC] New User, First Invoice...Cue Weird Music!

GnuCash - User mailing list
And that was it. Duh. As I said, I'm a brand-new user trying to get
acclimated. Thanks for the help.