[GNC] Multicolumn Reports

Jay Ridgley
Good Afternoon,

I have formated a multicolumn report and have it showing on my screen,
however, if I save or try to print it the report is truncated on the
right side. How do I get the entire report to print.

I am also unable to have the report print oriented as landscape, the
system only allows for portrait.

I am running GnuCash 2.6.17 under Ubuntu 16.04.6 LTS

This is the final report needed for our fiscal year end 06/30/2019 (FY2018).

What have I missed?

Regards,
Jay
--
Jay Ridgley
jridgley2 at austin.rr.com
Registered Linux User ID - 9115
https://linuxcounter.net/cert/9115.png
Registered Ubuntu User ID - 23320

Re: [GNC] Multicolumn Reports

Adrien Monteleone-2
Try to copy/paste into a spreadsheet, or export and open with a spreadsheet app. Some people have luck with Excel, but I’ve heard of better results with Libre/OpenOffice.

From there, you can format to your heart’s content, including landscape orientation.

> On Jul 2, 2019, at 2:21 PM, Jay Ridgley <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Good Afternoon,
>
> I have formated a multicolumn report and have it showing on my screen, however, if I save or try to print it the report is truncated on the right side. How do I get the entire report to print.
>
> I am also unable to have the report print oriented as landscape, the system only allows for portrait.
>
> I am running GnuCash 2.6.17 under Ubuntu 16.04.6 LTS
>
> This is the final report needed for our fiscal year end 06/30/2019 (FY2018).
>
> What have I missed?
>
> Regards,
> Jay

Re: [GNC] Multicolumn Reports

Stan Brown
This workaround might be helpful.

Reports are all HTML files in your temp folder, so you can access that
folder and then open the report in your Web browser. From there, you
should be able to print it in landscape.

To save the report, you can just click and drag it to your preferred
location. I haven't tried this part, but I expect that if you try to do
that while GC still has it open, Windows won't allow you to move it. In
that case, try copying it instead of moving it.

explorer, highlight the location bar at the top of the window, and type
%TEMP%

2. To copy a file instead of moving it, RIGHT-click it in the %TEMP%
folder window, then while keeping the mouse button depressed drag it to
the desired location. When you release the mouse button, a small menu
appears: select Copy. As an alternative, single-click the file in the
%TEMP% window and press Ctrl+C, then open a window to the desired
location, click into an empty spot, and press Ctrl+V.

Stan Brown
Tompkins County, New York, USA
http://BrownMath.com
http://OakRoadSystems.com

On 2019-07-02 15:21, Jay Ridgley wrote:

> Good Afternoon,
>
> I have formated a multicolumn report and have it showing on my screen,
> however, if I save or try to print it the report is truncated on the
> right side. How do I get the entire report to print.
>
> I am also unable to have the report print oriented as landscape, the
> system only allows for portrait.
>
> I am running GnuCash 2.6.17 under Ubuntu 16.04.6 LTS
>
> This is the final report needed for our fiscal year end 06/30/2019
> (FY2018).
>
> What have I missed?
>
> Regards,
> Jay

Re: [GNC] Multicolumn Reports

Jay Ridgley
On 7/2/19 2:52 PM, Stan Brown wrote:

> This workaround might be helpful.
>
> Reports are all HTML files in your temp folder, so you can access that
> folder and then open the report in your Web browser. From there, you
> should be able to print it in landscape.
>
> To save the report, you can just click and drag it to your preferred
> location. I haven't tried this part, but I expect that if you try to do
> that while GC still has it open, Windows won't allow you to move it. In
> that case, try copying it instead of moving it.

> explorer, highlight the location bar at the top of the window, and type
> %TEMP%
>
> 2. To copy a file instead of moving it, RIGHT-click it in the %TEMP%
> folder window, then while keeping the mouse button depressed drag it to
> the desired location. When you release the mouse button, a small menu
> appears: select Copy. As an alternative, single-click the file in the
> %TEMP% window and press Ctrl+C, then open a window to the desired
> location, click into an empty spot, and press Ctrl+V.

THANKS Stan,

Got'er done!

Cheers,
Jay