[GNC] Modifying business function splits

[GNC] Modifying business function splits

Matthew Pounsett
My clients typically pay me by wire, and when my bank presents the
transaction it's as the received wire and their service fee as a single
line item in my statement.  My inclination is to modify the split created
by "process payment" and add the service fee to it rather than add the
service fee as a separate transaction.  Am I likely to cause any problems
by modifying a transaction that was created automatically?

Re: [GNC] Modifying business function splits

Geert Janssens-4
Op zaterdag 9 juni 2018 15:50:13 CEST schreef Matthew Pounsett:
> My clients typically pay me by wire, and when my bank presents the
> transaction it's as the received wire and their service fee as a single
> line item in my statement.  My inclination is to modify the split created
> by "process payment" and add the service fee to it rather than add the
> service fee as a separate transaction.  Am I likely to cause any problems
> by modifying a transaction that was created automatically?

You should be able to do so without causing trouble. Just be careful not to
touch the Accounts Receivable split of your payment transaction.

On 10 June 2018 at 06:22, Geert Janssens <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Op zaterdag 9 juni 2018 15:50:13 CEST schreef Matthew Pounsett:
> > My clients typically pay me by wire, and when my bank presents the
> > transaction it's as the received wire and their service fee as a single
> > line item in my statement.  My inclination is to modify the split created
> > by "process payment" and add the service fee to it rather than add the
> > service fee as a separate transaction.  Am I likely to cause any problems
> > by modifying a transaction that was created automatically?
>
> You should be able to do so without causing trouble. Just be careful not
> touch the Accounts Receivable split of your payment transaction.

Yeah.. no interest in changing the line that debits my AR account.. just
want to add a line that debits my bank charges expense and modify the
credit to my chequing account accordingly.

Thanks!