[GNC] Modifying Balance Sheet Report

Paul Schwartz-2
I would like to create a Balance Sheet report that reports the value of a
stock entry as the number of shares x the cost of those shares. Anybody
have some guidance as to how to approach this?

Thanks
Paul Schwartz

Re: [GNC] Modifying Balance Sheet Report

Deva -
Paul,

You can experiment with Edit->Report Options menu and see how the report changes with various options.

In your particular case, you can set Price Source to “Average Cost” on the “Commodities” tab. That should give you what you are looking for.

Please note that somewhere around 2.6.12 or so (and later), there was a bug that corrupted the average cost reporting. This has now been fixed (I am currently using 3.4).

Cheers.

Re: [GNC] Modifying Balance Sheet Report

Paul Schwartz-2
Many thanks for the suggestion. I didn't think that Average Cost meant
that! But it seems to work. Saves me a lot of time in creating Balance
Sheets.

Paul