[GNC] Match transaction accounts better?

[GNC] Match transaction accounts better?

Look@iPadRing.net
   How can I get GC to better recognize which accounts certain
   transactions belong too.

   For example;  Giant Supermarket should always have the account "Food"
   matched to it.  However, when importing a QFX file into GC it matches
   this to "imbalanced".

   What should I do?

   Thanks....

   Carl W.

Re: [GNC] Match transaction accounts better?

Greg Feneis
While the matcher is displaying your records, click on a record to correct
it.  This is how the matcher learns how to match better.  It's a
statistical matching algorithm I believe, so you correcting one incorrectly
matched record won't always immediately fix a matching error tendency.
Just keep correcting consistently and the matcher should catch on.

Kind regards,

Greg Feneis <http://www.linkedin.com/in/electromechanical>

On Sat, Jul 20, 2019 at 10:08 AM . <[hidden email]> wrote:

>    How can I get GC to better recognize which accounts certain
>    transactions belong too.
>
>    For example;  Giant Supermarket should always have the account "Food"
>    matched to it.  However, when importing a QFX file into GC it matches
>    this to "imbalanced".
>
>    What should I do?
>
>    Thanks....
>
>    Carl W.

Re: [GNC] Match transaction accounts better?

David Carlson-4
Check under Preferences > Online Banking to verify that Use Bayesian
Matching is checked and, as Greg mentioned, make the corrections during the
import process to be sure that the training actually happens.  Also, there
was a change when the release 3.x series came out that may cause all the
old training to disappear when you transition in, so some re-training will
be required.

David Carlson

On Sat, Jul 20, 2019 at 12:22 PM Greg Feneis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> While the matcher is displaying your records, click on a record to correct
> it.  This is how the matcher learns how to match better.  It's a
> statistical matching algorithm I believe, so you correcting one incorrectly
> matched record won't always immediately fix a matching error tendency.
> Just keep correcting consistently and the matcher should catch on.
>

> Kind regards,
>
> Greg Feneis <http://www.linkedin.com/in/electromechanical>
>

> On Sat, Jul 20, 2019 at 10:08 AM . <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> >    How can I get GC to better recognize which accounts certain
> >    transactions belong too.
> >
> >    For example;  Giant Supermarket should always have the account "Food"
> >    matched to it.  However, when importing a QFX file into GC it matches
> >    this to "imbalanced".
> >
> >    What should I do?
> >
> >    Thanks....
> >
> >    Carl W.