[GNC] Mac OS Mojave

GnuCash - User mailing list
Hi, have just installed OS Mojave on my MacBook Pro and can no longer access my GnuCash records. Any idea’s what I can do to make GnuCash compatible with the new OS please?

Ian Lovatt

Re: [GNC] Mac OS Mojave

Adrien Monteleone-2
I’m using it just fine right now, so it isn’t a general compatibility problem with Mojave.

Can you describe more what the problem is?

Do you get any error messages? Does it crash?

Does it open the data file at all?

If it doesn’t automatically open your last used file, what happens when you navigate to File > Open and choose your data file?

> On Apr 3, 2019, at 10:29 AM, Ian Lovatt via gnucash-user <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi, have just installed OS Mojave on my MacBook Pro and can no longer access my GnuCash records. Any idea’s what I can do to make GnuCash compatible with the new OS please?
>
> Ian Lovatt

Re: [GNC] Mac OS Mojave

Adrien Monteleone-2
Please remember to always copy the list on all replies so others can benefit from the conversation.

Certainly, you’d need at least 2.6.21 or any of the 3.x series to run on Mojave. (anything older isn’t supported anyway) Very old 2.6 or even 2.4 versions won’t run on it.

> On Apr 4, 2019, at 10:11 AM, Ian Lovatt <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Adrien,
>
> Whatever way I try to open Gnucash I get an error message which says ‘check with the program author that the software is compatible with this version of macOS’. Program does not open at all. I’m now thinking of uninstalling the program and download the latest version. Not sure what else I can do.
>
> Ian
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
>> On 3 Apr 2019, at 16:55, Adrien Monteleone <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I’m using it just fine right now, so it isn’t a general compatibility problem with Mojave.
>>
>> Can you describe more what the problem is?
>>
>> Do you get any error messages? Does it crash?
>>
>> Does it open the data file at all?
>>
>> If it doesn’t automatically open your last used file, what happens when you navigate to File > Open and choose your data file?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Adrien
>>

>>> On Apr 3, 2019, at 10:29 AM, Ian Lovatt via gnucash-user <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi, have just installed OS Mojave on my MacBook Pro and can no longer access my GnuCash records. Any idea’s what I can do to make GnuCash compatible with the new OS please?
>>>
>>> Ian Lovatt

Re: [GNC] Mac OS Mojave

Cricket Onebit
to the original poster, no the entire list. Very annoying for all involved,
but changing the settings only seems to work for a short while.

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

On Thu, 4 Apr 2019 at 12:43, Adrien Monteleone <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Please remember to always copy the list on all replies so others can
> benefit from the conversation.
>
> Certainly, you’d need at least 2.6.21 or any of the 3.x series to run on
> Mojave. (anything older isn’t supported anyway) Very old 2.6 or even 2.4
> versions won’t run on it.
>
> Regards,
> Adrien
>
> > On Apr 4, 2019, at 10:11 AM, Ian Lovatt <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Adrien,
> >
> > Whatever way I try to open Gnucash I get an error message which says
> ‘check with the program author that the software is compatible with this
> version of macOS’. Program does not open at all. I’m now thinking of
> uninstalling the program and download the latest version. Not sure what
> else I can do.
> >
> > Ian
> >
> > Sent from my iPad
> >
> >> On 3 Apr 2019, at 16:55, Adrien Monteleone <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> I’m using it just fine right now, so it isn’t a general compatibility
> problem with Mojave.
> >>
> >> Can you describe more what the problem is?
> >>
> >> Do you get any error messages? Does it crash?
> >>
> >> Does it open the data file at all?
> >>
> >> If it doesn’t automatically open your last used file, what happens when
> you navigate to File > Open and choose your data file?
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Adrien

> access my GnuCash records. Any idea’s what I can do to make GnuCash
> compatible with the new OS please?

+++

Not as a ladder from earth to Heaven, not as a witness to any creed,
But simple service simply given to his own kind in their common need.
-- Rudyard Kipling