[GNC] Is there a way to recapture old data

[GNC] Is there a way to recapture old data

GREG JOHNSON
I am having a problem with my gnucash. After a restart after a power outtage gnucash will no longer connect with an older .gnucash file. Is there a way to recapture old data?

Re: [GNC] Is there a way to recapture old data

David Carlson-4
From your description it appears that your data is somewhere other than on
your local hard drive.  We can only suggest figuring out how to connect
your computer to that other resource, then GnuCash should be able to find
the file.

I had an issue today with an intermittent Ethernet cable, so there is big
universe of possible problems.

David C

On Wed, Jun 27, 2018 at 9:40 AM, GREG JOHNSON <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am having a problem with my gnucash. After a restart after a power
> outtage gnucash will no longer connect with an older .gnucash file. Is
> there a way to recapture old data?

Re: [GNC] Is there a way to recapture old data

Dennis Powless
You should be able to use the open file menu item and navigate to where u store GC on your system.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jun 27, 2018, at 2:22 PM, David Carlson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> From your description it appears that your data is somewhere other than on
> your local hard drive.  We can only suggest figuring out how to connect
> your computer to that other resource, then GnuCash should be able to find
> the file.
>
> I had an issue today with an intermittent Ethernet cable, so there is big
> universe of possible problems.
>
> David C
>
>> On Wed, Jun 27, 2018 at 9:40 AM, GREG JOHNSON <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I am having a problem with my gnucash. After a restart after a power
>> outtage gnucash will no longer connect with an older .gnucash file. Is
>> there a way to recapture old data?

Re: [GNC] Is there a way to recapture old data

Greg,

Please be sure to include [hidden email] in all your
communications to be sure all readers of the list can see them.  In most
Email clients Reply All makes that happen.

If you see Dennis Powless' reply, follow his suggestion.  Also, use your
system file manager to navigate to that folder to see what is really there.

I see that you have switched to a backup file a couple of times so it would
be a good idea to save whichever file you consider to be your best and most
complete backup to the original filename.

David C