[GNC] Importing Quicekn Files

GnuCash - User mailing list
I am a new user and just tried to import my Quicken files following the
instructions.  However, My files are saved as .QDF files, not .QIF and I
get a wrong format error message when I try to import them.

I would appreciate any suggestions for fixing this.

Thank you in advance,
David Seltzer

Re: [GNC] Importing Quicekn Files

John Ralls-2

> On Feb 11, 2019, at 12:28 PM, David Seltzer via gnucash-user <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I am a new user and just tried to import my Quicken files following the instructions.  However, My files are saved as .QDF files, not .QIF and I get a wrong format error message when I try to import them.
>

> I would appreciate any suggestions for fixing this.

You must export them as QIF or QFX files. GnuCash doesn't know how to read QDF.

Re: [GNC] Importing Quicekn Files

David Carlson-4
I just peeked at Quicken 2019 and they also have a QXF file format which
does not work for GnuCash either.  I did not have time to figure out what
they do use that format for.  For us it is another tree in the forest.

David Carlson

On Mon, Feb 11, 2019 at 11:23 PM John Ralls <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > On Feb 11, 2019, at 12:28 PM, David Seltzer via gnucash-user <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > I am a new user and just tried to import my Quicken files following the
> instructions.  However, My files are saved as .QDF files, not .QIF and I
> get a wrong format error message when I try to import them.
> >

> > I would appreciate any suggestions for fixing this.
>
> You must export them as QIF or QFX files. GnuCash doesn't know how to read
> QDF.

Re: [GNC] Importing Quicekn Files

Kenneth Schneider
There is a difference between QXF and QFX formats.

Ken Schneider

> On Feb 12, 2019, at 8:45 AM, David Carlson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I just peeked at Quicken 2019 and they also have a QXF file format which
> does not work for GnuCash either.  I did not have time to figure out what
> they do use that format for.  For us it is another tree in the forest.
>
> David Carlson
>
>> On Mon, Feb 11, 2019 at 11:23 PM John Ralls <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>>> On Feb 11, 2019, at 12:28 PM, David Seltzer via gnucash-user <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> I am a new user and just tried to import my Quicken files following the
>> instructions.  However, My files are saved as .QDF files, not .QIF and I
>> get a wrong format error message when I try to import them.
>>>

>>> I would appreciate any suggestions for fixing this.
>>
>> You must export them as QIF or QFX files. GnuCash doesn't know how to read
>> QDF.
>>
>> Regards,
>> John Ralls

Re: [GNC] Importing Quicekn Files

Derek Atkins-3
David Carlson <[hidden email]> writes:

> I just peeked at Quicken 2019 and they also have a QXF file format which
> does not work for GnuCash either.  I did not have time to figure out what
> they do use that format for.  For us it is another tree in the forest.

Are you sure?  QXF should be readable by the OFX importer.

> David Carlson

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745

Re: [GNC] Importing Quicekn Files

Dan Black-3
QFX is a download format, designed for import of transactions from your
bank into a single Quicken account. ... QXF is an encrypted file transfer
format designed to move entire Quicken databases with multiple accounts
from Windows to Mac or visa versa.

On February 12, 2019 10:46:36 AM Derek Atkins <[hidden email]> wrote:

> David Carlson <[hidden email]> writes:
>
>> I just peeked at Quicken 2019 and they also have a QXF file format which
>> does not work for GnuCash either.  I did not have time to figure out what
>> they do use that format for.  For us it is another tree in the forest.
>
> Are you sure?  QXF should be readable by the OFX importer.
>
>> David Carlson

>       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745
>       [hidden email]             www.ihtfp.com
>       Computer and Internet Security Consultant

Re: [GNC] Importing Quicekn Files

Derek Atkins-3
Sorry, yeah QXF != QFX.  QFX/OFX is readable.  QXF is not.
-derek