[GNC] I can't see above the current widow

12

[GNC] I can't see above the current widow

Jonathan Silvey
For some reason, I cannot go above the top line of a window. I have been
through the Preferences and Help pages without success.

Two possible clues are that the Accounts totals are correct, so the
information is there somewhere. But when I add a Description which I have
used many times before (but not in the current window), the Description is
treated as though I’ve never used it before, ie I have to type the whole
entry.

I use Gnucash 2.6.3 on Windows 10.

Jonathan

Re: [GNC] I can't see above the current widow

Adrien Monteleone-2

> On Apr 17, 2019, at 4:24 AM, Jonathan Silvey <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> For some reason, I cannot go above the top line of a window.

What do you mean by "cannot go above the top line of a window?” Go above it how? What are you expecting to see? What are you referring to as the ’top line’?

> Two possible clues are that the Accounts totals are correct, so the
> information is there somewhere. But when I add a Description which I have
> used many times before (but not in the current window), the Description is
> treated as though I’ve never used it before, ie I have to type the whole
> entry.

If you use a description in one account register, it is *not* remembered for auto-fill in a different account register. That is a per-account thing.

So if you enter a transaction with a description ‘Wal-Mart’ in your Cash account, then later open your credit card account and start another transaction with description ‘Wal-Mart’, GnuCash will *not* autofill the info from what you entered in the Cash account.

Op woensdag 17 april 2019 11:24:51 CEST schreef Jonathan Silvey:

> For some reason, I cannot go above the top line of a window. I have been
> through the Preferences and Help pages without success.
>
> Two possible clues are that the Accounts totals are correct, so the
> information is there somewhere. But when I add a Description which I have
> used many times before (but not in the current window), the Description is
> treated as though I’ve never used it before, ie I have to type the whole
> entry.
>
> I use Gnucash 2.6.3 on Windows 10.

Please upgrade to at least gnucash 2.6.21 first. There have been a ton bug
fixes since 2.6.3 which may fix your issue.

If that doesn't fix it we can try to dig deeper.

Re: [GNC] I can't see above the current widow

I’ve never tried to move ‘up’ the register page with an arrow key.

Can you not use the scroll bar?

Also, please always reply to the list address.

> On Apr 21, 2019, at 6:30 PM, Jonathan Silvey <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Sorry my question wasn't clear.
>
> When I am in an account window, and I enter today's transaction, it duly appears. When up-arrow to the top entry of the page, it goes up successfully. But if I up-arrow when the cursor is on the top entry of the page, nothing happens and the page remains the same.
>
> If I put in a transaction earlier than the one in the top line and press return, the entry is  successful, but I can never see it. I know it''s there because the balance has changed by the amount I entered, and also Search Results finds it.
>
> I hope this is clearer.
>
> I understand your point about autofill in different accounts. My point was that it does not autofill entries in the same account unless they are on the page I can see.
>
> Thanks for any help you can provide.
>
> Jonathan
>

> On Wed, 17 Apr 2019 at 10:34, Adrien Monteleone <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> > On Apr 17, 2019, at 4:24 AM, Jonathan Silvey <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > For some reason, I cannot go above the top line of a window.
>
> What do you mean by "cannot go above the top line of a window?” Go above it how? What are you expecting to see? What are you referring to as the ’top line’?
>

> > Two possible clues are that the Accounts totals are correct, so the
> > information is there somewhere. But when I add a Description which I have
> > used many times before (but not in the current window), the Description is
> > treated as though I’ve never used it before, ie I have to type the whole
> > entry.
>
> If you use a description in one account register, it is *not* remembered for auto-fill in a different account register. That is a per-account thing.
>
> So if you enter a transaction with a description ‘Wal-Mart’ in your Cash account, then later open your credit card account and start another transaction with description ‘Wal-Mart’, GnuCash will *not* autofill the info from what you entered in the Cash account.
>
> Regards,
> Adrien

Re: [GNC] I can't see above the current widow

foxylady337
> On 22 Apr 2019, at 04:45, Adrien Monteleone <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I’ve never tried to move ‘up’ the register page with an arrow key.
>
> Can you not use the scroll bar?
>
> Also, please always reply to the list address.
>
> Regards,
> Adrien

Is it possible that the OP has set up a filter to restrict the display of the account to a date range?

Or that he is looking at the General Journal (which is, by default, restricted to a view of the last month’s transactions?

Michael

Re: [GNC] I can't see above the current widow

Adrian,
I confess that I do not have any instance of GnuCash in the 3.x series
running but my general experience with GTK3 applications, especially in
Linux and Android, is that the arrow and page up/down keys work far better
than the scroll bar.  They do not 'jump' to some place an unknown number of
screens away like the scroll bar does in long lists.

David Carlson

On Sun, Apr 21, 2019 at 10:47 PM Adrien Monteleone <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> I’ve never tried to move ‘up’ the register page with an arrow key.
>
> Can you not use the scroll bar?
>
> Also, please always reply to the list address.
>
> Regards,
> Adrien
>
> > On Apr 21, 2019, at 6:30 PM, Jonathan Silvey <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > Sorry my question wasn't clear.
> >
> > When I am in an account window, and I enter today's transaction, it duly
> appears. When up-arrow to the top entry of the page, it goes up
> successfully. But if I up-arrow when the cursor is on the top entry of the
> page, nothing happens and the page remains the same.
> >
> > If I put in a transaction earlier than the one in the top line and press
> return, the entry is  successful, but I can never see it. I know it''s
> there because the balance has changed by the amount I entered, and also
> Search Results finds it.
> >
> > I hope this is clearer.
> >
> > I understand your point about autofill in different accounts. My point
> was that it does not autofill entries in the same account unless they are
> on the page I can see.
> >
> > Thanks for any help you can provide.
> >
> > Jonathan
> >

> > On Wed, 17 Apr 2019 at 10:34, Adrien Monteleone <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> >

> > > On Apr 17, 2019, at 4:24 AM, Jonathan Silvey <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > For some reason, I cannot go above the top line of a window.
> >
> > What do you mean by "cannot go above the top line of a window?” Go above
> it how? What are you expecting to see? What are you referring to as the
> ’top line’?
> >

> > > Two possible clues are that the Accounts totals are correct, so the
> > > information is there somewhere. But when I add a Description which I
> have
> > > used many times before (but not in the current window), the
> Description is
> > > treated as though I’ve never used it before, ie I have to type the
> whole
> > > entry.
> >
> > If you use a description in one account register, it is *not* remembered
> for auto-fill in a different account register. That is a per-account thing.
> >
> > So if you enter a transaction with a description ‘Wal-Mart’ in your Cash
> account, then later open your credit card account and start another
> transaction with description ‘Wal-Mart’, GnuCash will *not* autofill the
> info from what you entered in the Cash account.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Adrien

David Carlson

Re: [GNC] I can't see above the current widow

Colin Law
It rather seems as if the OP has lost interest anyway.

Colin

On Mon, 22 Apr 2019 at 12:51, David Carlson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Adrian,
> I confess that I do not have any instance of GnuCash in the 3.x series
> running but my general experience with GTK3 applications, especially in
> Linux and Android, is that the arrow and page up/down keys work far better
> than the scroll bar.  They do not 'jump' to some place an unknown number of
> screens away like the scroll bar does in long lists.
>
> David Carlson
>
> On Sun, Apr 21, 2019 at 10:47 PM Adrien Monteleone <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I’ve never tried to move ‘up’ the register page with an arrow key.
> >
> > Can you not use the scroll bar?
> >
> > Also, please always reply to the list address.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Adrien
> >
> > > On Apr 21, 2019, at 6:30 PM, Jonathan Silvey <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Sorry my question wasn't clear.
> > >
> > > When I am in an account window, and I enter today's transaction, it duly
> > appears. When up-arrow to the top entry of the page, it goes up
> > successfully. But if I up-arrow when the cursor is on the top entry of the
> > page, nothing happens and the page remains the same.
> > >
> > > If I put in a transaction earlier than the one in the top line and press
> > return, the entry is  successful, but I can never see it. I know it''s
> > there because the balance has changed by the amount I entered, and also
> > Search Results finds it.
> > >
> > > I hope this is clearer.
> > >
> > > I understand your point about autofill in different accounts. My point
> > was that it does not autofill entries in the same account unless they are
> > on the page I can see.
> > >
> > > Thanks for any help you can provide.
> > >
> > > Jonathan

> > > What do you mean by "cannot go above the top line of a window?” Go above
> > it how? What are you expecting to see? What are you referring to as the
> > ’top line’?

> > have
> > Description is
> > whole
> > >
> > > If you use a description in one account register, it is *not* remembered
> > for auto-fill in a different account register. That is a per-account thing.
> > >
> > > So if you enter a transaction with a description ‘Wal-Mart’ in your Cash
> > account, then later open your credit card account and start another
> > transaction with description ‘Wal-Mart’, GnuCash will *not* autofill the
> > info from what you entered in the Cash account.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Adrien

> > https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Mailing_Lists for more information.

> David Carlson

Re: [GNC] I can't see above the current widow

Jonathan Silvey
Thanks for looking into this. I am on Basic Ledger wth filter set at Show
all dates. So, still mystified!
Jonathan

On Mon, 22 Apr 2019 at 07:28, Michael Hendry <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> > On 22 Apr 2019, at 04:45, Adrien Monteleone <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > I’ve never tried to move ‘up’ the register page with an arrow key.
> >
> > Can you not use the scroll bar?
> >
> > Also, please always reply to the list address.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Adrien
>
> Is it possible that the OP has set up a filter to restrict the display of
> the account to a date range?
>
> Or that he is looking at the General Journal (which is, by default,
> restricted to a view of the last month’s transactions?
>
> Michael

Re: [GNC] I can't see above the current widow

Jonathan Silvey
It seems what I was trying to say was that the scrollbar will not move to a
date earlier than the top of the window. That's what I meant by 'moving up'.

Jonathan

On Mon, 22 Apr 2019 at 04:49, Adrien Monteleone <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> I’ve never tried to move ‘up’ the register page with an arrow key.
>
> Can you not use the scroll bar?
>
> Also, please always reply to the list address.
>
> Regards,
> Adrien
>
> > On Apr 21, 2019, at 6:30 PM, Jonathan Silvey <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > Sorry my question wasn't clear.
> >
> > When I am in an account window, and I enter today's transaction, it duly
> appears. When up-arrow to the top entry of the page, it goes up
> successfully. But if I up-arrow when the cursor is on the top entry of the
> page, nothing happens and the page remains the same.
> >
> > If I put in a transaction earlier than the one in the top line and press
> return, the entry is  successful, but I can never see it. I know it''s
> there because the balance has changed by the amount I entered, and also
> Search Results finds it.
> >
> > I hope this is clearer.
> >
> > I understand your point about autofill in different accounts. My point
> was that it does not autofill entries in the same account unless they are
> on the page I can see.
> >
> > Thanks for any help you can provide.
> >
> > Jonathan
> >

> > On Wed, 17 Apr 2019 at 10:34, Adrien Monteleone <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> >

> > > On Apr 17, 2019, at 4:24 AM, Jonathan Silvey <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > For some reason, I cannot go above the top line of a window.
> >
> > What do you mean by "cannot go above the top line of a window?” Go above
> it how? What are you expecting to see? What are you referring to as the
> ’top line’?
> >

> > > Two possible clues are that the Accounts totals are correct, so the
> > > information is there somewhere. But when I add a Description which I
> have
> > > used many times before (but not in the current window), the
> Description is
> > > treated as though I’ve never used it before, ie I have to type the
> whole
> > > entry.
> >
> > If you use a description in one account register, it is *not* remembered
> for auto-fill in a different account register. That is a per-account thing.
> >
> > So if you enter a transaction with a description ‘Wal-Mart’ in your Cash
> account, then later open your credit card account and start another
> transaction with description ‘Wal-Mart’, GnuCash will *not* autofill the
> info from what you entered in the Cash account.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Adrien

Re: [GNC] I can't see above the current widow

Jonathan Silvey
I am far from losing interest - it's just that Easter intervened.

I've looked into the suggestions from two others but they've been unable to
help.

Jonathan

On Mon, 22 Apr 2019 at 13:33, Colin Law <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It rather seems as if the OP has lost interest anyway.
>
> Colin
>
> On Mon, 22 Apr 2019 at 12:51, David Carlson <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > Adrian,
> > I confess that I do not have any instance of GnuCash in the 3.x series
> > running but my general experience with GTK3 applications, especially in
> > Linux and Android, is that the arrow and page up/down keys work far
> better
> > than the scroll bar.  They do not 'jump' to some place an unknown number
> of
> > screens away like the scroll bar does in long lists.
> >
> > David Carlson
> >
> > On Sun, Apr 21, 2019 at 10:47 PM Adrien Monteleone <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > I’ve never tried to move ‘up’ the register page with an arrow key.
> > >
> > > Can you not use the scroll bar?
> > >
> > > Also, please always reply to the list address.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Adrien

> [hidden email]>

> duly
> > > appears. When up-arrow to the top entry of the page, it goes up
> > > successfully. But if I up-arrow when the cursor is on the top entry of
> the
> > > page, nothing happens and the page remains the same.

> press
> > > return, the entry is  successful, but I can never see it. I know it''s
> > > there because the balance has changed by the amount I entered, and also
> > > Search Results finds it.

> point
> > > was that it does not autofill entries in the same account unless they
> are
> > > on the page I can see.

> above
> > > it how? What are you expecting to see? What are you referring to as the
> > > ’top line’?

> > > have
> > > Description is
> > > whole

> remembered
> > > for auto-fill in a different account register. That is a per-account
> thing.

> Cash
> > > account, then later open your credit card account and start another
> > > transaction with description ‘Wal-Mart’, GnuCash will *not* autofill
> the
> > > info from what you entered in the Cash account.

> > > If you are using Nabble or Gmane, please see
> > > https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Mailing_Lists for more information.
> > > -----
> > >

> > --
> > David Carlson

Re: [GNC] I can't see above the current widow

Colin Law
One of the suggestions was to upgrade to at least 2.6.21.  You said
that the suggestions so far have not helped. Which version did you
upgrade to?

Colin

On Tue, 23 Apr 2019 at 21:26, Jonathan Silvey <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It seems what I was trying to say was that the scrollbar will not move to a
> date earlier than the top of the window. That's what I meant by 'moving up'.
>

> Jonathan
>

> On Mon, 22 Apr 2019 at 04:49, Adrien Monteleone <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I’ve never tried to move ‘up’ the register page with an arrow key.
> >
> > Can you not use the scroll bar?
> >
> > Also, please always reply to the list address.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Adrien
> >
> > > On Apr 21, 2019, at 6:30 PM, Jonathan Silvey <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Sorry my question wasn't clear.
> > >
> > > When I am in an account window, and I enter today's transaction, it duly
> > appears. When up-arrow to the top entry of the page, it goes up
> > successfully. But if I up-arrow when the cursor is on the top entry of the
> > page, nothing happens and the page remains the same.
> > >
> > > If I put in a transaction earlier than the one in the top line and press
> > return, the entry is  successful, but I can never see it. I know it''s
> > there because the balance has changed by the amount I entered, and also
> > Search Results finds it.
> > >
> > > I hope this is clearer.
> > >
> > > I understand your point about autofill in different accounts. My point
> > was that it does not autofill entries in the same account unless they are
> > on the page I can see.
> > >
> > > Thanks for any help you can provide.
> > >
> > > Jonathan

> > > What do you mean by "cannot go above the top line of a window?” Go above
> > it how? What are you expecting to see? What are you referring to as the
> > ’top line’?

> > have
> > Description is
> > whole
> > >
> > > If you use a description in one account register, it is *not* remembered
> > for auto-fill in a different account register. That is a per-account thing.
> > >
> > > So if you enter a transaction with a description ‘Wal-Mart’ in your Cash
> > account, then later open your credit card account and start another
> > transaction with description ‘Wal-Mart’, GnuCash will *not* autofill the
> > info from what you entered in the Cash account.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Adrien

> > https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Mailing_Lists for more information.

Re: [GNC] I can't see above the current widow

Are you viewing a particular account register, or the General Journal? (the Journal has a 30 day window by default, which you can change)

If the journal, then what can you see when you view an individual account register? everything? only one ‘page'?

Also, version 2.6.3 is ancient. (released 3/3/14 - 5 years ago) There have been many, many, many bug fixes since then. (probably 100s) Please install 3.5 (current version), but if you’re iffy about the 3.x series, then please install at least 2.6.21 and get back to us if this resolved the issue.

> On Apr 23, 2019, at 3:18 PM, Jonathan Silvey <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thanks for looking into this. I am on Basic Ledger wth filter set at Show
> all dates. So, still mystified!
> Jonathan

Re: [GNC] I can't see above the current widow

Colin Law
Including the list in this reply as you sent it only to me.  You have
to use Reply All or similar on this list.

Version 2.6.21 was the suggested minimum version to upgrade to.  3 is
much less than 21.

Colin

On Wed, 24 Apr 2019 at 20:59, Jonathan Silvey <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I was and am using version 2.6.3, which I assume is more recent than 2.6.1
> Jonathan
>

> On Tue, 23 Apr 2019 at 21:31, Colin Law <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> One of the suggestions was to upgrade to at least 2.6.21.  You said
>> that the suggestions so far have not helped. Which version did you
>> upgrade to?
>>
>> Colin
>>
>> On Tue, 23 Apr 2019 at 21:26, Jonathan Silvey <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> >
>> > It seems what I was trying to say was that the scrollbar will not move to a
>> > date earlier than the top of the window. That's what I meant by 'moving up'.
>> >

>> > Jonathan

Re: [GNC] I can't see above the current widow

David Carlson-4
In his first post he also stated that he was running Windows 10, so it
should be straightforward to update to 2.6.21

David Carlson

On Wed, Apr 24, 2019 at 3:10 PM Colin Law <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Including the list in this reply as you sent it only to me.  You have
> to use Reply All or similar on this list.
>
> Version 2.6.21 was the suggested minimum version to upgrade to.  3 is
> much less than 21.
>
> Colin
>
> On Wed, 24 Apr 2019 at 20:59, Jonathan Silvey <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > I was and am using version 2.6.3, which I assume is more recent than
> 2.6.1
> > Jonathan
> >

> > On Tue, 23 Apr 2019 at 21:31, Colin Law <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> One of the suggestions was to upgrade to at least 2.6.21.  You said
> >> that the suggestions so far have not helped. Which version did you
> >> upgrade to?
> >>
> >> Colin

> move to a
> 'moving up'.

> [hidden email]>

> it duly
> of the

> and press
> it''s
> also

> point
> they are

> Go above
> the

> the
> which I
> the

> remembered
> per-account thing.

> your Cash
> autofill the

David Carlson

Re: [GNC] I can't see above the current widow

Jonathan Silvey
I've just downloaded v3.5 and the same thing is happening: the scroll bar
is stuck.

Jonathan

On Tue, 23 Apr 2019 at 21:31, Colin Law <[hidden email]> wrote:

> One of the suggestions was to upgrade to at least 2.6.21.  You said
> that the suggestions so far have not helped. Which version did you
> upgrade to?
>
> Colin
>
> On Tue, 23 Apr 2019 at 21:26, Jonathan Silvey <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > It seems what I was trying to say was that the scrollbar will not move
> to a
> > date earlier than the top of the window. That's what I meant by 'moving
> up'.
> >

> > Jonathan
> >

> > On Mon, 22 Apr 2019 at 04:49, Adrien Monteleone <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > I’ve never tried to move ‘up’ the register page with an arrow key.
> > >
> > > Can you not use the scroll bar?
> > >
> > > Also, please always reply to the list address.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Adrien

> [hidden email]>

> duly
> > > appears. When up-arrow to the top entry of the page, it goes up
> > > successfully. But if I up-arrow when the cursor is on the top entry of
> the
> > > page, nothing happens and the page remains the same.

> press
> > > return, the entry is  successful, but I can never see it. I know it''s
> > > there because the balance has changed by the amount I entered, and also
> > > Search Results finds it.

> point
> > > was that it does not autofill entries in the same account unless they
> are
> > > on the page I can see.

> above
> > > it how? What are you expecting to see? What are you referring to as the
> > > ’top line’?

> > > have
> > > Description is
> > > whole

> remembered
> > > for auto-fill in a different account register. That is a per-account
> thing.

> Cash
> > > account, then later open your credit card account and start another
> > > transaction with description ‘Wal-Mart’, GnuCash will *not* autofill
> the
> > > info from what you entered in the Cash account.

> > > If you are using Nabble or Gmane, please see
> > > https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Mailing_Lists for more information.
> > > -----

Re: [GNC] I can't see above the current widow

Adrien Monteleone-2
Are you viewing a specific account register or the General Journal?

If the Journal, can you see earlier transactions when viewing a specific account register?

> On Apr 24, 2019, at 4:18 PM, Jonathan Silvey <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> I've just downloaded v3.5 and the same thing is happening: the scroll bar
> is stuck.
>
> Jonathan

Re: [GNC] I can't see above the current widow

Colin Law
Can you show us a screenshot so we can see exactly what you mean. Also
check in Help > About that you are running the version you think you are.

Colin

On Wed, 24 Apr 2019, 22:19 Jonathan Silvey, <[hidden email]>

> I've just downloaded v3.5 and the same thing is happening: the scroll bar
> is stuck.
>
> Jonathan
>

> On Tue, 23 Apr 2019 at 21:31, Colin Law <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> One of the suggestions was to upgrade to at least 2.6.21.  You said
>> that the suggestions so far have not helped. Which version did you
>> upgrade to?
>>
>> Colin
>>
>> On Tue, 23 Apr 2019 at 21:26, Jonathan Silvey <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>> >
>> > It seems what I was trying to say was that the scrollbar will not move
>> to a
>> > date earlier than the top of the window. That's what I meant by 'moving
>> up'.
>> >

>> > Jonathan

>> [hidden email]>

>> duly
>> of the

>> press
>> also

>> point
>> are

>> above
>> the

>> the
>> which I

>> remembered
>> thing.

>> Cash
>> the

>> > If you are using Nabble or Gmane, please see
>> > -----

Re: [GNC] I can't see above the current widow

Jonathan Silvey
Hi Colin
Here's a picture of a screenshot of my Gnucash file and of my version
number. I hope this helps!
Jonathan

Screenshot (2).png (250K) Download Attachment
Screenshot (3).png (260K) Download Attachment

Re: [GNC] I can't see above the current widow

Colin Law
Also what do you see if, from that page, you select View > Filter By >
Date and View > Filter By > Status?

Colin

On Thu, 25 Apr 2019 at 21:22, Jonathan Silvey <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Colin
> Here's a picture of a screenshot of my Gnucash file and of my version number. I hope this helps!
> Jonathan
>

> On Thu, 25 Apr 2019 at 07:07, Colin Law <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Can you show us a screenshot so we can see exactly what you mean. Also check in Help > About that you are running the version you think you are.
>>
>> Colin
>>
>> On Wed, 24 Apr 2019, 22:19 Jonathan Silvey, <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>> I've just downloaded v3.5 and the same thing is happening: the scroll bar is stuck.
>>>
>>> Jonathan

Re: [GNC] I can't see above the current widow

Greg Feneis
Also, does the unwillingness to scroll happen only on the account register
shown, or does it happen only on some other account registers, or all
account registers?

I just opened my GnuCash, opened a register, put the cursor in the
description field of a transaction, and then pressed the up arrow.  The
cursor moved to the next transaction above and selected the text of that
description field.  The background of the selected transaction changed to
yellow from green.  When I pressed the up arrow repeatedly, the cursor
eventually moved to the uppermost transaction and then the list of
transactions began to scroll every time I pressed the up arrow key.  If you
try this, do you get the same behavior?

Kind regards,

Greg Feneis