[GNC] How to save my file

mlaper
I’m not a techy. I cannot figure out how to save my workbook/record
I’m on 3.4 on a Mac. I’ve used previous version without a problem. I close out; it asks me if I want to save; I say yes, it closes and the gnucash icon is on my dock for the next entries

In this version, on this computer, it asks me to save. As a xml. Where do I save it? I have no icon on my dock.  And the last 2 times I wanted to use it, I’ve had to download the whole thing from website and wait for that process

Any easy, step by step help out there.
Or is more info from me needed

I did not have this problem on earlier version

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone

Re: [GNC] How to save my file

Adrien Monteleone-2
Save the file (default format is XML) anywhere you want. Though I’d recommend *not* on the desktop as the app will generate log files in the same folder as your data file and these may quickly fill up the screen.

When Gnucash is running, right-click its Dock icon and choose Options > “Keep in Dock”.

Next time you want to run Gnucash, launch it from the dock and it will open the last used file automatically. (navigating to where you saved the file and double-clicking does not work on a Mac)

Also, be certain you actually installed the application to your /Applications folder (by copying it there from the .dmg you downloaded) and are not simply launching it from within the .dmg folder.